The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 8, 2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Kevin_d77

Colt Python & Anaconda

What would be a reasonable price for each or as a combo deal? The Python is a 4" barrel (I believe, but I'm getting confirmation) and the Anaconda is an 8" barrel. Both are like new, but not sure about the box situation either (although I believe they do). My step father has both and was looking to try to sell them and found a buyer for the Python who might be willung to take a package deal. Thanks again for all the help (as usual)
Old July 8, 2012, 12:25 PM   #2
vladan

Good indicator of the price is to look up the gunbroker for similar gun. But whatever they'll go for I am sure he will get (much) more for them by selling separately rather than "package" deal.
Old July 8, 2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Battle Born

A Python has never sold for less than 1K in our store as for the Anaconda Vladan is right look it up on Gun Broker but remember don't look at the asking price look at the highest bid and that will give you a good indicator of what people are willing to pay today.
Good luck

Mark
[email protected]
Old July 8, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4
slow944

I recently sold a a 6" Python and a 8" Anaconda for $2K
Old July 8, 2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Venom1956

How ill give him 200 for the dan wesson?

Pics aren't detailed enough to give an honest opinion on the Colts. Also colt's need to be handled to properly determine their condtion. you need to feel the play in their actions and what not. they could be out of time, lock up has some play or they could lock up very tight. These all have very large impacts on the value IMO. I would say just buy that I wouldn't offer more then 1500 just because of the unknown i.e. repairs and or the completeness of the set.

Granted you can find someone to over pay for a Python just because of what it is. If you can get more go for it.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old July 8, 2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Kevin_d77

So it is definitely a 4" python and 8" anaconda, no boxes or book and hardly been fired. Cosmetically they look great, I cant comment on the action because they're not personally in my possession. They're beautiful for sure though!

Almost thought of telling him to keep so I MIGHT get one passed on to me ....