The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old December 28, 2008, 12:11 AM   #1
jdscholer

Laptop VS New Pistola

About a week ago, my old PC suffered a permanant FTF. I've been bumming computer time on Mrs. jd's Mac, and catching hell for it, so today we went to town to fix me up with a new laptop.

Well we found one that's good enough for me, and wouldn't ya know, it cost just about what a new S&W would - $550. Was a time that it would of killed me to make that choice, but I've got to say that since I found this forum, I've been having about as much fun with the computer as I do with my guns. Well, in a different way.

Fact is, I'm pretty much a computrog with very poor typing skills, and very little natural ability in this area. I still don't know how to post photos or even git them from the camera onto the computer; but it will happen.

This new little computer is about the same size as a S&W pistol box, and is equipped with an eyeball that might just work for recording targets and such. The wife says she's gonna make me learn on my own just how to use the thing, so you guys might see some how-to questions from time to time. jd
Old December 28, 2008, 02:03 AM   #2
Bud Helms

Questions of how-to use your new computer would be off topic, as is this thread.

Closed.
Closed Thread