The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 15, 2006, 08:29 AM   #1
blume357

Locked the Pat McManus thread?

But let a debate on Battle Star Galatica and their plastic guns and which is the best 'star ship' x wing or what ever go on for pages?

I was looking forward in the Pat McManus thread to when we got to his sister... 'the Troll'. I think Pat even talked about guns sometime... was going to go back and check.

Lock away... I just wanted to say my piece.
Old January 15, 2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Bud Helms

There are lots of outdoor general discussion bulletin boards. AmBack comes to mind. There might even be a forum open enough to discuss outdoors subjects in general on THR.

Just because Pat McManus talked about guns sometimes doesn't make the late Pat McManus thread firearms related.
Old January 15, 2006, 05:53 PM   #3
blume357

I agree with your right to lock it

I had just gotten through reading the entire list of post on the Battle Star Galactica topic and was just thinking what a waste of my time... but of course it was my choice.
Old January 16, 2006, 02:57 AM   #4
osufanboy

Yeah, he writes about guns and hunting A LOT. I guess the one who locked the thread never read him. I figured it was apt for this board.

Like the time he and Retch Sweeny make muzzleloaders and work their way up to sewer pipes.

Or how about the hunter's dictionary: ie. I scouted out a lot of real nice country on the other side of the mountain (the hunter was lost most of the day). or Dressed out at 140 pounds (dressed out at 80 pounds).
There's a reason we separate military and the police: one fights the enemy of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
Old January 16, 2006, 06:56 AM   #5
Hal

blume357,

It's all in the wording. I saw that thread was locked and half thought about starting one titled:

"Who's your favorite gun magazine writer, past or present?"

Matter of fact, I think I will.