The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old July 8, 2008, 07:53 PM   #1
distinct

Advice needed: Should I carry here??

Hi guys, I posted this on The High Road as well but I assume my response may be slightly greater here. I've totally rephrased my post to ease minds. Let's pose a strictly hypothetical scenario, of course...

Sometime next week a certain entity who is in fact a non-entity, and a hypothetical one at that, is going to be travelling to Rhode Island to check out a vehicle. The problem is that he is obviously not a RI resident, and so his CCW is not legal there. The folks he is going to be seeing, well they obviously don't know each other, and they have a good reason to assume he'll be carrying a decent amount of cash (which he wont be, not being a fool). This fictional character feels pretty naked without his CCW just traveling out of state to a known, safe destination; nevermind going to a crowded city and meeting a stranger with the assumption that he's easy pickin's. What should he do? Stock up on OC? Hahaha.

For the sake of argument, this fellow is a clean cut guy, with a very common late model car in good repair, registered & insured, will be driving like a normal person, and shall be conducting legal business. Unless he needs the CCW, there's no reason to assume he'll meet the law, but you never know. He'll be in anti-gun territory for approx 3 to 4 hours.

Should one just leave the paranoia at home?

If he was to carry, should he bring his tiny keltec 9mm, or his normal carry Sig p220? Reasons?
Old July 8, 2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Frank Ettin
Staff

So you're asking us whether or not you should break the law in Rhode Island.
Old July 8, 2008, 08:47 PM   #3
tony pasley

One should never break the laws.
Old July 8, 2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Sriracha

Not worth it.
Old July 8, 2008, 08:50 PM   #5
hoytinak

Quote:
One should never break the laws.
That sums it up pretty good right there.
Old July 8, 2008, 09:43 PM   #6
JohnKSa
Staff

From the Forum Rules

Welcome to The Firing Line, a virtual community dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership.

I don't think this qualifies as the advancement of responsible firearms ownership.