The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 5, 2000, 09:30 PM   #1
ChrisMkIV

This has come over the AP wire, the Armed border patrol agents, 6 of them, claim no excessive force was used, no one was thrown to the ground, and no profanity was used.

Yea, right. read it here, scrool down to the news:
http://daily.webshots.com/content/ap...e_fc16901.html

------------------
"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, becuse the whole body of the people are armed"
Noah Webster

Second Amendment lover? www.2ndamdlvr.homestead.com/home.html
Support H.R.347 Citizens Self-Defense act of 1999! Sign petition at: www.petitiononline.com/protect/petition.html

[This message has been edited by ChrisMkIV (edited June 05, 2000).]
Old June 5, 2000, 10:48 PM   #2
bruels

Once I, two other deputies, and a highway patrolman went looking for an attempted murder (knife) suspect at his mother's house. The deputy responsible for the case went to mother's front door and asked to see her son. Mother invited him in and while taking him to the backyard where the family was gathered, suspect son left the backyard through a side gate and stumbled into my arms. I don't know who was more surprised.

I looked down and saw his right hand was stuffed in his pocket. At the same time I heard someone say, "It's him."

I shouted at him to get down on the ground and grabbed the front of his shirt with my weak hand. I pulled at his shirt forward and down. I didn't think I was that forceful but the deputy and the highway patrolman behind me said he literally flew off his feet.

The deputy and the highway patrolman behind me jumped on the suspect and got him subdued and handcuffed. He put up a pretty good fight. The pocket he had his hand stuffed in turned out to contain the knife he used in the stabbing.

I think in the stress of a raid you might not realize your own strength or what you did.

Old June 5, 2000, 10:57 PM   #3
ChrisMkIV

I know what adrenelin can do, I built bombs for the U.S. Navy for 10 years, and let me tell you, I know where you are coming from.

I wanted to address the fact that there were conflicting reports on the raid, that's all, on www.impeachreno.org I read about all the people who said they were "taken down hard" for lack of a better term, when the 6 officers claimed the complete opposite.

I did not want to come across as LEO bashing in general, if I did, it was not intended.

Luckly you acted the way you did, or that knife might have found it's way between your ribs

------------------
"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, becuse the whole body of the people are armed"
Noah Webster

Second Amendment lover? www.2ndamdlvr.homestead.com/home.html
Support H.R.347 Citizens Self-Defense act of 1999! Sign petition at: www.petitiononline.com/protect/petition.html