The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 13, 2008, 09:02 AM   #1
SmokeyVol

Where to find Colt Gold Cup Tropy Mags

I have been looking everywhere for spare 8-round Colt factory mags for my Colt Gold Cup Trophy, Colt Part No. SP574002. Everyone says "Out of Stock". Is there a nationwide shortage? Anyone know where to sind some of these?

Also, are all full size 1911 mags interchangeable? There are too many non-Colt choices out there and I am not sure what fits.
Old September 13, 2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Hafoc

The Gold Cup takes standard Government Model mags. There are plenty of good brands out there if the Colts aren't available. In fact you might do better asking which brands to avoid! I've had good luck with Mec-Gar, myself.
Old September 13, 2008, 10:40 AM   #3
stillGHILLIE

Yes, full size 1911 mags will fit your Colt. Wilson, Chip McCormick, Springfield Armory, MecGar are all great mags. Stay away from ProMag, USA Magazines, National Magazine, Western Magazine...they are more miss than hit. Colt hasn't made their own magazines for years. They outsource them and someone stamps the little horse on them. That isn't to say that they are not great quality, as the contractor must make them to Colt specifications and quality standards.

The Wilson Combat mags and Chip McCormick Power mags are a little more expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Check www.midwayusa.com for 1911 mags.