The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old November 1, 1998, 11:35 AM   #1
Todd

Could someone please tell me if a Sendra AR-15 is any good and approximately what it is worth as I have never seen one? The model in question is a pre-ban 20" heavy barrel with collapsible stock, round handguards, A-1 sights, forward assist, etc... It is in excellent condition. Any replies would be appreciated.

Old November 6, 1998, 07:59 PM   #2
Jeff White

Todd,
SENDRA was made by the infamous NESARD who were involved in the National Guard Parts theft scandal of a few years ago. I'm not sure who made their lowers.

Depending on condition it's probably worth between $600 - $800. If you can get into it at the low end of that price you'll probably do okay. Since it's a preban lower you'll be able to change it into any configuration you want. Collapsable stock flash hider etc.

The bad thing about buying a preban rifle like that is that SENDRA was selling stripped receivers and for the weapon to be a grandfathered preban, it has to be verified that it was in a preban configuration before 13 Sep 94. Ask the seller for a letter to that effect. Burden of proof is on you.
Jeff