The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 21, 2005, 09:49 PM   #1
usmc_nov_19_1775

skyy industries cpx-1

A new production 9mm on the market.............any first impression comments and or comparisons by actual owners?

http://www.skyyindustries.com/firearms.html
Old November 21, 2005, 10:39 PM   #2
Sir William

IIRC, TFL member saands was looking one over. It is aimed at the Kel-Tec buyer/looker. 9MM Bersa is a competitor also.
Old November 22, 2005, 08:25 AM   #3
saands

I did see one last Friday with the blackened stainless and was very impressed by the trigger and overall feel. My FFL said that he was going to take it home that weekend and shoot it to see how it worked, so I figured that he could be the test probe instead of me I called in yesterday and he told me that someone had walked into the shop on Saturday and bought it ... so we still don't know how it shoots I guess I'm gonna do the test probe thing on this one, afterall, as I have a two-tone that should be arriving tomorrow. I will take it out and see how well it groups and feeds. I will also get an idea on the repeatability of their trigger as this'll be the second one that I will have dry fired. So ... no first hand reports from owners yet, but I have exameined one.

The mags are made by Skyy, and the CPX-1 doesn't seem to be compatible with the S&W mags like the Kel-tec is, but their mags do feel solid. They reminded me of a really short HiPower mag, although that is likely to be because the only double stack 9x19 mags I have seen recently are for the BHP. It would have been cool if they had actually made it compatible with the HiPower or some other pistol ... that way your backup mag could have some SERIOUS capacity.

I'll be certain to post my impressions ... I hope that they are good ... I'm not sure what, exactly, posessed me to try a brand new model

Saands
Old November 30, 2005, 04:58 PM   #4
saands

I wrote up my range report a ways on this thread: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...31#post1769831

Saands
Old November 30, 2005, 09:29 PM   #5
kymasabe

I just read somewhere today that the Skyy 9mm fits perfectly in a Kel-Tec P11 holster.
Old December 1, 2005, 11:17 AM   #6
astra9m

Great gun I have 600 rounds plus through mine one failer to iginite and when I pulled the round it had a good strike on it so I think it was the ammo. It did fire on the secound strike. I love mine and I cant wait to see what skyy does next. I put 3'' groups at 12y and I am happy with that from a 3'' barrel.

Astra A-70
Astra A-100
Sig 245
Glock 31
Glock 17
Glock 27
Cobra C9
Beretta 21
Norinco Sks
Mossberg security
Im addicted
Old December 1, 2005, 12:28 PM   #7
Eric Larsen

I posted the holster comment, but after talking to the Owner of Skyy, he says it can work in them...but not that well. The slide release is much more pronounced than on the KT and that will cause minor prob's.....so he's sending me one to make holsters with.
Ill let you guys know how it shoots as I want to see for myself how it really is.

Ive had 3 KT P11's and really do like the gun for what it is.....its not a Kahr that I can use for target/range/defensive work, but its not designed for that anyway. Kahrs happen to be THAT accurate. The trigger on the little P11's are their big downfall. If the Skyy is that much better then they may have a winner on their hands.

Shoot well.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush