The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 9, 2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Chaos9912

870 express with laminate stock

Hello I'm newbie, don't know if anyone has ever seen or heard of an 870 express coming with a laminate stock. I saw one on a website with a laminate stock with some green color in it. But the one I'm asking about is just plain brown or coffee laminate stock. The reason is I just bought one and the laminate came with it only paid $238.97 before tax. This is my second 870 and the first one I bought and all others I've seen only come with the plain wood stock. I did'nt know if they made a mistake and put a wrong stock on. Also I went to Cabelas and they too told me they never heard of that stock being on those guns and they couldn't even order one that way. It is a remington laminate stock the sticker on the box says so. But the place I got it (Wal mart) I never had seen one like that before. The other sticker on the box that is the retailers sticker, says just wood stock and the price. Could it be that Remington is doing that on all their 870 express's now. Any information on it would be nice.
Old January 10, 2006, 12:19 AM   #2
Dfariswheel

It was probably a Wal-Mart specific model.

Like many large retailers and distributors, Wal-mart has special run guns made just for them.

A popular feature of many of these special run guns are different non-standard stocks.

The current Remington factory standard Express guns have either synthetic or walnut stained hardwood stocks.
Old January 10, 2006, 03:17 AM   #3
Omaha-BeenGlockin

The Walmart 870 Lam is one good lookin gun esp for the price----the only thing I didn't care for was the deep ridges going down the rib----just seemed like a big rust collector there.
-------Metallica