The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 4, 2006, 09:41 PM   #1
onebohemian

Imperial Metal Prod. Model 9 - 22 L.R.

I need to locate parts for an Imperial Metal Products (IMP) Model 9 - 22 L.R. Other markings on the gun are "Made in U.S.A. at Kinston, N.C." I'm guessing that it was manufactured in early 1970s. Need grips and the little metal piece that turns the cylinder (don't know it's official name). The piece that turns the cylinder each time the trigger is pulled or the hammer is pulled back has just worn off over the years and doesn't portrude enough anymore to fully turn the cylinder far enough to the next shell. Any information about the company or gun would be very much appreciated. Would really like to find a parts diagram.

Mark
Old May 4, 2006, 11:41 PM   #2
RJay

I do believe it's time to retire your pistol and go on to bigger and better things. IMP is listed as being a US manufacture but it's listed as US/WG ( West Germany) My guess after the 1968 gun ban on some of the smaller imported cheap guns, IMP imported parts and put them togerther in the US. Could be wrong but I bet if you compared your revolver to either a Reck or Rohm you would get a match. That would also match the time frame. IMP is also listed as making the Inca. ( beats me) I cannot find any information on that either. The part needed is the cylinder hand, but if that's worn then you will have other problems. It's like takeing a beat up old car and replacing the sparkplugs. That only solves part of the problem. A cylinder hand can be made but it will cost more than than your gun is worth, even if you are only charge for the materials used and not for the labor. Sorry about that.
Old May 5, 2006, 02:11 PM   #3
onebohemian

Thanks for the input here and in the e-parts forum.

The gun is still in really nice shape except for that cylinder hand and some cracking on the plastic grips. Leather holster with it is in great condition too. This was the first handgun I learned to shoot many, many years ago. My dad bought it new. I shot way to many bird-shot shells through it -- double action no less, and thus am directly responsible for the hand's demise.

I figured I'd either not be able to repair it or the cost would be prohibitive. I'm still hoping to conclude that it can be repaired (even if it means having a part made), and then also finally determining what that cost would be and if it's beyond the sentimental value I have given it. I know it's not worth anything otherwise or to anyone but me, but it's a project gun like a couple of others I have. Nobody else would probably put the time in on it, but we all have one or two projects in the back closet like that, right?

There is a model 7 described on the Numerich parts site, but no schematic available for download (or purchase as best I can tell). The only other references I have been able to find are all those government .pdfs / files on the internet showing gun codes for IMP and US/WG, as well as some guy on eparts forum a few years back that asked about a Model 7 he was trying to repair.

Thanks again for your help.
Old August 26, 2011, 12:57 AM   #4
docjohnson

IMP model 9

I have a IMP model 9 .22LR. It is nickel. The cylinder was accidentally thrown in the trash, so now I need a cylinder.Everything else on the gun is like new.If anyone has a cylinder or a parts gun for sale Please let me know.Its a project as well.
Old January 16, 2012, 04:31 PM   #5
rdkorona

IMP Model 9

I happen to come across an IMP Model 9, for parts only. Seller menitioned that it is missing a spring, but offered no more information. Was black, but the paint is coming off in places. Have no user for it, again is for parts only.