The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 12, 2006, 04:05 AM   #1
Doubletaptap

Why is it that I log in to TFL,and as I browse the forums,all of a sudden I am prompted to log in again before posting?
I log in when I get to this site. I browse and read topics and reply to some and browse more. Next time I go to reply or post a new thread the log in box pops up and I can't use the back buttons to get back where I was. So I have to re-log in to be able to get anywhere.
George
Old August 12, 2006, 08:48 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

There are generally two things that cause the problem you are seeing. 1) Cookies aren't enabled on your browser; or 2) When you login, you don't check off the "Remember me" box and you wait over 20 minutes between actions.

Most often the second case is the problem and can be fixed by either checking off that box in which case you will essentially remain logged in even when you leave for a while, or refresh the screen every now and then if you are composing a long post, etc. There is a 20 minute timeout period after which you will be autologged out for security reasons.
Old August 13, 2006, 03:18 AM   #3
Doubletaptap

OK Mal!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the help!
George