The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 14, 2007, 10:40 PM   #1
JimJD

Botach Tactical?

Hello.
I'm looking at some possible purchases from Botach Tactical through their website... But I know nothing about the company.
Has anyone here bought anything from them? How was your buying experience?
I was about to place an order, but wanted to check here first.
Thanks!
Old March 14, 2007, 10:42 PM   #2
gdvan01

You should browse thru " Retail Deals and Feedback", there are a few threads concerning them.

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard
Old March 14, 2007, 10:48 PM   #3
JimJD

D'oh!
I missed that one!
Old March 14, 2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You should browse thru " Retail Deals and Feedback", there are a few threads concerning them.
Yup, but before you do, find a nice comfortable chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee. You're going to be reading awhile .

A few years ago, I would've said go for it. They were a decent outfit. I'm not sure what really happened, but in the last few years they've really gone downhill. They rarely have an advertised product in stock, backorders take forever, and customer service is non-existent.

That said, this does belong in the feedback forum. Moving there now.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old March 14, 2007, 11:07 PM   #5
JimJD

Sorry about the error on my part.

Whoa. I just read some of the threads/posts on B.T.
I'm taking my money elsewhere. The info supplied by the great members here have saved me money and headaches.
Much thanks for the info everyone!

Whew, that was a close one.
Old March 14, 2007, 11:22 PM   #6
Thiokol

There is a saga about Botach in the feedback area of Glock Talk. Here's the link: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40226
Old March 15, 2007, 01:45 PM   #7
NCHornet

All I can say is don't even think about it. Took three weeks to get my flashlight and it was the wrong one. They don't answer the phone or return emails. They appear to be a large outfit by all their email depts the truth is there are only 2 people and one quit. Finally got ahold of the kid that is there, I demanded my CC be credited which they never did, they wanted me to return the wrong light at my cost, no way. I told them of their bad reputation, which I found out about after I placed my order, and he said they knew about it and didn't care. I finally emailed streamlight about a question regarding the wrong light and explained what I went through and Streamlight sent me the correct light at no charge. Now that is customer service, but stay away from Botach!!!