The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 3, 2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Playboypenguin

NAA .380 Guardian Range Report

This report is dealing with the NAA .380 Guardian.

This gun is very solid feeling. There is nothing cheap about the way it is made. It really lives up to the Kahr name and it should since the pretty much make the whole gun for NAA (or did until recently).

It is not nearly as small as the Seecamp but it is alot smaller than the PPK so it is a great in-between gun.

Since it is larger than the Seecamp, and has oversized grips I purchased, it is alot less punishing to shoot.

The very small sights seem like they would not be of much use but they actually did make it easier to get that initial bead.

As I say in every report, I am not the greatest shot nor am I a patient shooter. I tend to not spend enough time realigning my aim between shots and shoot too quickly. Therefore, my results often do not do justice to the gun's abilities. A gun capable of shooting a ragged hole at 40ft for someone else might only acheive a cooffee-can-lid sized grouping in my hand.

The mechanics of the gun functioned flawlessly. Not a single feed or ejection issue during the 100 rounds I put through it. The feel was solid and the grip was comfortable to my hand. The sights were a little difficult to see in the low light of the range.

I tested accuracy at 30ft and 40ft since this is a gun designed for up-close defense.

At 30ft I actually took my time and shot slower than usual. I shot at a rate of 6 shots in 6-7 seconds. Results were very good. I was able to get nice groupings and stay center of mass.

At 40ft I sped up my rate of speed to about 6 shots in about 5 seconds for some of the groups (an extra 2 seconds per 6 rounds can make a big difference). On this target only 3 of 18 shots ventured outside the center section and that is my fault, not the guns.

Overall I am very pleased. This is one fantastic gun. It will not replace my Seecamp in my pocket anytime soon but when I can carry something a small bit bigger, but can't manage my MK40 or Sim Hawg, I would feel completely confident with this firearm on my hip.

Old May 3, 2007, 09:06 PM   #2
454 gunner

Once Again nice shooting from such a small platform. They are pretty accurate for a 2'' barrel. I just love the rock solid feel of these little guys. BTW those grips look great. Did you purchase them from NAA or did you get them somewhere else. For my birthday I want kingwood grips.
Old May 4, 2007, 12:11 AM   #3
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Once Again nice shooting from such a small platform. They are pretty accurate for a 2'' barrel. I just love the rock solid feel of these little guys. BTW those grips look great. Did you purchase them from NAA or did you get them somewhere else. For my birthday I want kingwood grips
They sure do feel solid.

I am continuely amazed at the accuracy of this little guy. Any one of those quich shots from 40ft would ruin a guys day if not the rest of his life.

I ordered the grips from NAA. They are a bit thick though. They are actually the normal grips with pearl put on top of them.

Old May 4, 2007, 12:17 AM   #4
Officer's Match

Nice shooting again PBP. Hey, I got to handle a slimhawg just like yours today - very nice.
Old May 4, 2007, 12:48 AM   #5
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Hey, I got to handle a slimhawg just like yours today - very nice.
Now you see what I have been talking about. It is even more impressive when you get to actually shoot it.
Old May 4, 2007, 12:55 AM   #6
Officer's Match

I'm sure you're right - I flatout loved the 3" Kimber Ultra Carry I got to shoot a few months back. Right now I'm trying to decide which want more, a 3" mini 1911, or a P-01 CZ. There's a special two-toned P-01 at my local Gander Mountain right now that feels so good...
Old May 4, 2007, 03:43 AM   #7
Playboypenguin

A 9mm or a mini .45??? Sounds like a no brainer to me.
Old August 23, 2007, 12:46 AM   #8
iostorm

Which ammo was used???