The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old August 16, 2007, 01:58 PM   #1
Brent

Feds Train Clergy To "Quell Dissent" (turn in your guns) During Martial Law

Here's a link to the KSLA 12 news report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BtWhs8qlg
http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937987

Shocking KSLA 12 news report confirms story we broke last year, Pastors to cite Romans 13 as reason for public to obey government orders, relinquish guns and be taken to camps during state of emergency
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, August 16, 2007

A shocking KSLA news report has confirmed the story we first broke last year, that Clergy Response Teams are being trained by the federal government to "quell dissent" and pacify citizens to obey the government in the event of a declaration of martial law.

In May 2006, we exposed the existence of a nationwide FEMA program which is training Pastors and other religious representatives to become secret police enforcers who teach their congregations to "obey the government" in preparation for the implementation of martial law, property and firearm seizures, mass vaccination programs and forced relocation.

A whistleblower who was secretly enrolled into the program told us that the feds were clandestinely recruiting religious leaders to help implement Homeland Security directives in anticipation of a potential bio-terrorist attack, any natural disaster or a nationally declared emergency.

The first directive was for Pastors to preach to their congregations Romans 13, the often taken out of context bible passage that was used by Hitler to hoodwink Christians into supporting him, in order to teach them to "obey the government" when martial law is declared.

It was related to the Pastors that quarantines, martial law and forced relocation were a problem for state authorities when enforcing federal mandates due to the "cowboy mentality" of citizens standing up for their property and second amendment rights as well as farmers defending their crops and livestock from seizure.

It was stressed that the Pastors needed to preach subservience to the authorities ahead of time in preparation for the round-ups and to make it clear to the congregation that "this is for their own good."

Pastors were told that they would be backed up by law enforcement in controlling uncooperative individuals and that they would even lead SWAT teams in attempting to quell resistance.

Though some doubted the accuracy of this report at the time due to its fundamentally disturbing implications, the story has now been confirmed by a KSLA 12 news report, in which participating clergy and officials admit to the existence of the program.

The report entertains the scenario of martial law as depicted in the movie The Siege and states that "quelling dissent would be critical."

Dr. Durell Tuberville serves as chaplain for the Shreveport Fire Department and the Caddo Sheriff's Office. Tuberville said of the clergy team's mission, "the primary thing that we say to anybody is, 'let's cooperate and get this thing over with and then we'll settle the differences once the crisis is over.'"

Such clergy response teams would walk a tight-rope during martial law between the demands of the government on the one side, versus the wishes of the public on the other. "In a lot of cases, these clergy would already be known in the neighborhoods in which they're helping to diffuse that situation," assured Sandy Davis. He serves as the director of the Caddo-Bossier Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.

For the clergy team, one of the biggest tools that they will have in helping calm the public down or to obey the law is the bible itself, specifically Romans 13. Dr. Tuberville elaborated, "because the government's established by the Lord, you know. And, that's what we believe in the Christian faith. That's what's stated in the scripture."

So there you have it - Homeland Security are working with local police departments and religious leaders to prepare for the declaration of martial law and in particular developing techniques they will employ during the crisis to "quell dissent."

Phony Christian leaders are brainwashing their congregations to accept the premise that the totalitarian police state is "of the Lord" and that they should get on their knees and lick jackboots while the round-ups take place as citizens are processed into quarantine zones and detention camps by the National Guard and U.S. troops returning from Iraq.

The precedent for mass gun confiscation and martial law in times of a real or manufactured emergency was set during Hurricane Katrina, when police and National Guard patrols forced home owners - even in areas unaffected by the hurricane - to hand over their legally owned firearms at gunpoint.

This is a clear precursor for the imminent declaration of a state of emergency, a scenario that President Bush codified in his recent Presidential Decision Directive of May 9th, which states in the event of a "catastrophic event" the President can take total control over the government and the country, bypassing all other levels of government at the state, federal, local, territorial and tribal levels, and thus ensuring total unprecedented dictatorial power.

The scope of the program is so secretive that even Homeland Security Committee member and Congressman Peter DeFazio was denied access to view the classified portion of the documents.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937987
Old August 16, 2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Republicrat

:barf::barf::barf:

Old August 16, 2007, 03:22 PM   #3
Pat H

Are you sure this isn't from The Onion?
Old August 16, 2007, 03:39 PM   #4
cslinger

Who was it that said..."I put my faith in the Lord but I put my trust in this here Winchester."

You the Lord helps those who help themselves.
Old August 16, 2007, 04:03 PM   #5
Eghad

Must be New Yawk ministers...

Some of the clergy I know here in SE Texas are CHL Holders I dont think they have much confidence in the federal government either.

The Lord also helps them that help themselves..... pray and pass the ammunition brother.

NRA Life Member
Old August 16, 2007, 05:00 PM   #6
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

All posts pertaining mainly to religion have been removed. This discussion will center on the government using clergy to help in gun confiscation.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old August 16, 2007, 05:06 PM   #7
Mr. James

Okay - I'm agin' it. Now, where's that two-edged sword?

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat
Old August 16, 2007, 05:09 PM   #8
Hard Ball

Molon Labe!
Old August 16, 2007, 05:21 PM   #9
Scott Conklin

Heh. Yeah. I can just see my pastor going along with this.

Sadly, I can see fedgov trying to make such a thing work. :barf:

www.libertydwells.com
Old August 16, 2007, 05:46 PM   #10
seeker_two

FedGov can't even interpret their own tax laws properly....and they want to interpret Scripture?....
Old August 17, 2007, 06:12 AM   #11
685cmj

As a pastor and a handgun enthusiast, I might point out a couple things that might have escaped the original journalist's attention and may help people sleep better tonight (oh, and by the way, neither I nor any of my colleagues has ever been contacted by the "secret" fed department involved, nor heard of anyone else who has):
1) in America, virtually no one listens to a clergyman any better than they listen to their doctors or their politicians. We live in the land of the free where everyone assumes it is their patriotic duty to make their own decisions, even in matters of faith and religion. It is laughable to me to think of my congregations taking any of my words as Scripture...and I pastor conservative congregations!
2) if this were actually being done, do you think for a moment that it would be secret...that not one pastor who was contacted anywhere would ever have spilled the beans to anyone: family member, friend, news media...? How many people can be in on a conspiracy before it becomes public knowledge? Uhhh, one.
3) The only possible candidates for such a "secret program" would be ultra-liberal clergyman, and trust me when I say that none of their congregants own guns to start with. There won't be any guns taken from those congregations.
4) "leading the Swat teams"...give me a break. Do people actually seriously believe these kinds of reports or is this a joke?
Old August 17, 2007, 12:40 PM   #12
gordo_gun_guy

on confiscation under martial law

I don't remember anything in the Constitution about suspending it for natural disasters.

Seriously, I've often thought about what I'd have done had I been a Louisiana Nat'l Guard officer during Katrina. If someone had ordered me to have my men seize pistols from grandmothers, would I have had the moral courage to declare it an unlawful order and refuse?

There's one heck of a difference between temporarily disarming someone for your safety while rendering assistance (and, for instance, Louisiana requires CCW holders to declare to police and be disarmed during stops) and seizing a weapon to leave victims even more defensless....
Old August 17, 2007, 09:59 PM   #13
buckster

Quell dissent

Isn't that what King George tried to do and it led to a revolution, and we won. This country is founded on dissent from tyranny, and it will be won back by the same methods. Hitler used the same methods with his speeches, and the victims very sorry they gave up their arms all the way to the camps. I think the scripture is miss interpreted. Woe unto them that give up their arms.
Old August 17, 2007, 11:14 PM   #14
thepreacher

Just wanted to put in something here. I noticed a reference in the OP about some specific text. This specific text may seem foreign if you have never read the text.

Also, a counter to a specific text could be an obscure reference as well if that said text was also unknown. That being said, I only quoted text. I guess that is unallowed.

All of that being said, religious leaders and the government have always controlled and herded the masses. This is nothing new, with the mild exception that the media is reporting on it. They themselves also steer the collective minds in their own way.

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes. People with opinions just go around bothering each other. Years teach us more than books.

Last edited by thepreacher; August 18, 2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old August 18, 2007, 12:01 AM   #15
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluesMan
All posts pertaining mainly to religion have been removed. This discussion will center on the government using clergy to help in gun confiscation.
Is there is anyone who does not understand what Dave said above?
Old August 18, 2007, 12:05 AM   #16
springmom

But you know....

Here in the Houston area, I can see this kind of thing playing out in case of a disaster. Mayor White is one of the Bloomburg mayoral group, and I can just see him enlisting the ministers in the inner city of whatever faith flavor, to "keep things calm". In the cities, particularly in the inner city (at least here) there ARE ministers who are community leaders. Recently there was a news article here about preserving some of the brick streets down in Freetown because the bricks were laid by former slaves who founded the community. Guess who was out there featured in the media, talking about putting pressure on the city to make sure it got done? Yup. One of the local ministers in that community.

Now, in the suburbs and further out, where people may drive 10, 20, even 30 or 40 miles to get to church (as many of our congregation does), the role of "community leader" is diluted by the sheer dispersal of the community served by that clergy. But down in the city?

Here in Texas, I have difficulty seeing the state government rolling over for this, but I *could* see local governments thinking that it might just be the bees' knees for keeping the peace.

Just a thought.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun
Old August 18, 2007, 12:30 AM   #17
defjon

Thank you very much for this information. People really do need to pay attention. Even if nothing horrible ever comes to pass, and I pray every day we can continue to live in relative peace and blessing here in our own lands...it is disturbing to me just how much FEMA and very agencies seem to be planning for some kind of massive martial law or disaster type of situation. I see no event whatsoever that would justify nationwide martial law. Nor do I see ANY situation whatsoever that should nullify the constitution or the bill of rights! History repeats itself. So again, thank you. It is important to stay informed, and to stay alert. I really enjoy this board. I always feel as though I am in good company. So very many people simply don't seem to care. Thank you gentlemen.
Old August 18, 2007, 03:10 AM   #18
Brent

This article which advocates the abolition of elections, and the establishment of George President as President for life, was pulled off of the Family Security Matters web site, but it's still in the Google cache. According to one news commentator, the person who runs the web site from behind the scenes, is none other than James Woolsey, former director of the CIA.

Hmm..... wouldn't the establishment of George Bush as President for life require the imposition of martial law?

==========================

Exclusive: Conquering the Drawbacks of Democracy
Philip Atkinson

Author: Philip Atkinson
Source: The Family Security Foundation, Inc.
Date: August 3, 2007
While democratic government is better than dictatorships and theocracies, it has its pitfalls. FSM Contributing Editor Philip Atkinson describes some of the difficulties facing President Bush today.

Conquering the Drawbacks of Democracy
By Philip Atkinson

President George W. Bush is the 43rd President of the United States. He was sworn in for a second term on January 20, 2005 after being chosen by the majority of citizens in America to be president.

Yet in 2007 he is generally despised, with many citizens of Western civilization expressing contempt for his person and his policies, sentiments which now abound on the Internet. This rage at President Bush is an inevitable result of the system of government demanded by the people, which is Democracy.

The inadequacy of Democracy, rule by the majority, is undeniable – for it demands adopting ideas because they are popular, rather than because they are wise. This means that any man chosen to act as an agent of the people is placed in an invidious position: if he commits folly because it is popular, then he will be held responsible for the inevitable result. If he refuses to commit folly, then he will be detested by most citizens because he is frustrating their demands.

When faced with the possible threat that the Iraqis might be amassing terrible weapons that could be used to slay millions of citizens of Western Civilization, President Bush took the only action prudence demanded and the electorate allowed: he conquered Iraq with an army.

This dangerous and expensive act did destroy the Iraqi regime, but left an American army without any clear purpose in a hostile country and subject to attack. If the Army merely returns to its home, then the threat it ended would simply return.

The wisest course would have been for President Bush to use his nuclear weapons to slaughter Iraqis until they complied with his demands, or until they were all dead. Then there would be little risk or expense and no American army would be left exposed. But if he did this, his cowardly electorate would have instantly ended his term of office, if not his freedom or his life.

The simple truth that modern weapons now mean a nation must practice genocide or commit suicide. Israel provides the perfect example. If the Israelis do not raze Iran, the Iranians will fulfill their boast and wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Yet Israel is not popular, and so is denied permission to defend itself. In the same vein, President Bush cannot do what is necessary for the survival of Americans. He cannot use the nation's powerful weapons. All he can do is try and discover a result that will be popular with Americans.

As there appears to be no sensible result of the invasion of Iraq that will be popular with his countrymen other than retreat, President Bush is reviled; he has become another victim of Democracy.

By elevating popular fancy over truth, Democracy is clearly an enemy of not just truth, but duty and justice, which makes it the worst form of government. President Bush must overcome not just the situation in Iraq, but democratic government.

However, President Bush has a valuable historical example that he could choose to follow.

When the ancient Roman general Julius Caesar was struggling to conquer ancient Gaul, he not only had to defeat the Gauls, but he also had to defeat his political enemies in Rome who would destroy him the moment his tenure as consul (president) ended.

Caesar pacified Gaul by mass slaughter; he then used his successful army to crush all political opposition at home and establish himself as permanent ruler of ancient Rome. This brilliant action not only ended the personal threat to Caesar, but ended the civil chaos that was threatening anarchy in ancient Rome – thus marking the start of the ancient Roman Empire that gave peace and prosperity to the known world.

If President Bush copied Julius Caesar by ordering his army to empty Iraq of Arabs and repopulate the country with Americans, he would achieve immediate results: popularity with his military; enrichment of America by converting an Arabian Iraq into an American Iraq (therefore turning it from a liability to an asset); and boost American prestiege while terrifying American enemies.

He could then follow Caesar's example and use his newfound popularity with the military to wield military power to become the first permanent president of America, and end the civil chaos caused by the continually squabbling Congress and the out-of-control Supreme Court.

President Bush can fail in his duty to himself, his country, and his God, by becoming “ex-president” Bush or he can become “President-for-Life” Bush: the conqueror of Iraq, who brings sense to the Congress and sanity to the Supreme Court. Then who would be able to stop Bush from emulating Augustus Caesar and becoming ruler of the world? For only an America united under one ruler has the power to save humanity from the threat of a new Dark Age wrought by terrorists armed with nuclear weapons.

# #
FamilySecurityMatters.org Contributing Editor Philip Atkinson is the British born founder of ourcivilisation.com and author of A Study of Our Decline. He is a philosopher specializing in issues concerning the preservation of Western civilization. Mr. Atkinson receives mail at [address removed].
Old August 18, 2007, 09:32 PM   #19
Walter

Quote:
Hmm..... wouldn't the establishment of George Bush as President for life require the imposition of martial law?
I think this thread has gone from wild speculation to insanity.

But that's just my opinion.

Walter
Old August 18, 2007, 11:44 PM   #20
wayneinFL

So much for a separation of church and state.
Old August 19, 2007, 12:30 AM   #21
The Tourist

Being a former catholic, and still pretty ticked about the whole mess, it seems amusing to me that they might send a Jesuit.

If I hear that grating, accusing, harping, nasal, dismissive tone just once more in my life...
Old August 19, 2007, 06:41 AM   #22
685cmj

It certainly is not surprising if agencies like FEMA are making plans in the case of a national disaster--after all, that is their job, and it certainly doesn't mean that they are planning to cause one. I spoke to a person this week in the Minnesota Department of Human Services who said that she is heading up a massive project with every Minnesota government agency to make plans in case of a bird flu epidemic. But she didn't say that the agency was planning to start a bird flu epidemic! That is the difference in these kinds of posts--it is always the federal government agencies whose plans have to mean that they are planning to actually start a disaster. Here's a gentle reminder: federal employees are your friends, your neighbors, your fellow church members. They are me. They are no more interested in bringing disaster on the country than you are, and they are as unlikely to go along with such a plan as you are. And if you think they would keep a massive conspiracy secret from everyone, you don't know how many disgruntled fed employees there are out there! And the incredible inefficiencies and bureaucracy of the federal government (the real enemy!) wouldn't allow any kind of effectiveness in anything remotely resembling such a thing. My agency literally can't do the simplest things in its own mission without massive failures due to the bureaucracy. All you have to do is see how the fed agencies respond to local disasters to know how laughable it is to think they could pull off a national take-over. C'mon, let's get real and drop these incredible conspiracy theories once and for all!
Old August 19, 2007, 01:46 PM   #23
Republicrat

Quote:
federal employees are your friends, your neighbors, your fellow church members. They are me. They are no more interested in bringing disaster on the country than you are, and they are as unlikely to go along with such a plan as you are.
Just like those friendly folks that kicked in doors and took the guns in New Orleans? Guns that have never been returned by the way.

I know lots of federal employees and cops and military etc. that are perfectly nice folk. However, when they put on the black darth vader gear they do exactly what they are told.

They've been trained for years to.
Old August 19, 2007, 02:18 PM   #24
Slugthrower

"I think this thread has gone from wild speculation to insanity." Walter

"Sie wollen mein herz am rechten fleck doch seh ich dann nach unten weg da schlaght es links. Links, zwo, drei, vier!!!" Rammstein.

Seems we like to play with lyrics of music lately here on TFL.
The above lyrics are fun for the family.

There is never going to be a tyrannical government in the good ole USA. How could it even be possible?

Influencing the general populace through religious beliefs or religious leaders isn't possible. The leaders of the Lutheran church in Germany had no influence on the general outlook of Jews, in regards to the suggestion that they were evil and needed to be dealt with by the Former Weimar Republic's new policies and agents thereof. The people did what was asked of them, by government alone, as it was for the betterment of the Father Land and nothing more. :barf:

There is no way that a church leader and their policies could be used to influence the general populace of the USA in order to make gun owners appear as if they are evil people. That separation of church and state thingy is sooo out of date.

Conspiracy... It is too funny that people think there was ever a conspiracy in the creation of any police state. There has only been the power of propaganda and its use to gain the will of useful idiots. We have nothing to fear, after all there are no myrmidons in America...

All these things really don't matter anyway. There are those who wish to live free and those that wish to be kept. When those that wish to be kept outweigh those that wish to be free, we get what we wish for. It is a perfect circle, even if it is a vicious one.

This stuff is such fun, more fun than a barrel full of politicians.
Old August 19, 2007, 02:27 PM   #25
Slugthrower

"I know lots of federal employees and cops and military etc. that are perfectly nice folk. However, when they put on the black darth vader gear they do exactly what they are told."

"They've been trained for years to." Republicrat.

Yes Master...