The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 14, 2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Gun Man

Taurus, Revolver

I have a Taurus Stainless revolver Cal. 38 spl. 4" Bbl. Mod. 814 A Falcon
this gun was made in Brazil, SN/ 516982 it has written on the side, THE
SPESCO CORP. ATLANTA - GEORGIA, right side of barrel is printed, FALCON 38Spl. on left side of barrel is printed Forja Taurus S.A. P.Alegre R.G.S. Brasil
This gun is a 6 shot with rear adjustable sight, swing-out cylinder, It has Falcon Logo engraved in frame, wooden handles, with Medallions in each handle of a Falcons head, with Falcon printed underneath, the fluted cylinder has decrorative lines in each one and has matching lines on the top of frame in front of rear sight, and all the way down the top of the front sight there is matching grooves, also grooves on front of trigger and on front and top of front sight, and top of hammer. The gun is as tight as a new one, and it also appears to be NICKEL PLATED. I would like to know the year the gun was made, and what the gun is worth. It is origional and in VERY GOOD Condition. I hope by listing the serial number this will be possible, THANKS VERY MUCH! for reading the discription and for your HELP!
Gun Man
Old March 14, 2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Qwiks draw

it please. I have never heard of Falcon before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aaronrkellyDecember 28th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Here is some information I have cut and pasted ref the Spesco Falcon revolver....I dont know if it will help.

I was handed down a revolver from my father-in-law. Can't find much info on it. Here goes:

This is a .38 special. It is nickle plated, ivory grips. On the right side barrle it says "Falcon 38 SPL. Continuing on the right side above the trigger it says "The Spesco Corp, Atlanta, Georgia S/n 5314**. On the grip it says Spesco. On the frame, still on right side, it says CAL 38 SPL and under that it says Made in Brazil. Now onto the left side. On the side of the barrle it says "FORJAS TAURUS S.A." under that says "Ralergre R.G.S. Brazil.

I figured it is a Spesco Falcom model .38spl. It is S/A D/A though. Finish is very good. Can't find anything out about spesco though. I this a taurus knock off? It looks very close to the Taurus pictures in the Numrich gun parts catalog.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Raistlin
October 19th, 2003, 08:59 AM
My stepmother recently asked me to clean an old .22 revolver for her; after doing so, I got curious about the maker. Here's what I found on the gun:

On one side of the barrel:
The Spesco Corp Atlanta GA
Single-action 22 LR Mod R12

On the other side of the barrel:
Reck 8560 LAUF Made in West Germany

She says her ex-husband bought it for her "20 years or so ago".

Any information would be helpful!
Jagermeister
October 19th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Spesco Corp imported and marketed SXS's and several other types of firarms mady by Miguel Larranaga of Spain back in 1969

JM
Raistlin
October 20th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Hmmm - then why the "Made in West Germany"?

Puzzles, puzzles...
BADSBSNF81
October 20th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Because it was made there. Spesco was the importer that brought it into the country. They probably imported from various european makers.
Raistlin
October 21st, 2003, 11:18 AM
Because it was made there.

Kinda figured that one out, but thanks for the prompt...

Actually, I was referring to Jagermeister's answer:

... mady by Miguel Larranaga of Spain ...

That's why I referred back to the "Made in West Germany" mark.

That's what I could find on it in the archives of THR gun forum.
Old March 17, 2008, 10:10 AM   #3
johnnymacdiver

Taurus/Spesco

Gun Man,
We have a very similar Nickle Plated Taurus .38 Special as yours, however it does not have Falcon markings. On the barrel it says, "Forjas Taurus S.A. P. Alegre RGS Brasil ('Brasil' spelled with an 'S' instead of a 'Z'). On the rightside of frame it says, '38 Special The Spesco Corp. Atlanta, Ga. #621960 with the Spesco Eagle Logo above it. It has the decorative lines in the cylinder fluting, the top strap, the front sight ramp, the trigger, and the hammer. The wood mahogony grips have the Spesco Eagle Medallion. It also has a 'fine tune trigger screw' on the inside grip frame. It also has 777 markings everywhere! On the underside of the barrel, on the shooters end of the cylinder, on all internal parts, inside both grips (on the swing arm and the inside of the grips a letter 'V' is located near the 777's). We are curious to the age and any information regarding this gun. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.