The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old July 18, 2008, 08:35 AM   #1
bikerbill

A horrible story ...

Got the attached from a newsletter I subscribe to; hadn't seen it mentioned in my local paper ..

The story itself is appalling enough ... but watch the interview, if you can stomach it, and tell me you'll ever leave your house again without your gun ... just wondering, rhetorically, how people can feel safe on the street without the protection of a firearm and the training to use it? And I was struck by the fact that one of the victims had a CHL ... sty didn't say if he was carrying or not, but we all need to work on the warrior mindset; I will defend my life, I will NOT be a victim ... hope these two toads get everything they have coming to them and more ...

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2...-among-us.html
Old July 18, 2008, 08:46 AM   #2
armoredman

I see this evil first hand everyday at work. I ALWAYS carry a sidearm. To these "people", other people are not there for anything but thier enjoyment. There is no way to "reach thier moral center", as they lack one. I certainly hope they get the death penalty.
Old July 18, 2008, 09:05 AM   #3
Willie D

Sometimes I think that to counter a criminal culture that thrives so much on "respect" we should bring back the stock and pillory and let criminals be humiliated in the public square.

Last edited by Bud Helms; July 18, 2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: uncivil language
Old July 18, 2008, 09:07 AM   #4
anythingshiny

"know what im saying?"

that mentality is EXACTLY why i carry.

mindless predators.
Old July 18, 2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Kreyzhorse

It just goes to show that you must take your protection into your own hands as a small percentage of this society doesn't value life.
Old July 18, 2008, 09:47 AM   #6
grymster2007

The lowlife's parents ought to share cells with them.... and Aunt "chopper" ought to be doing time for allowing the scumbags access to her AK.
Old July 18, 2008, 10:15 AM   #7
tranks

i would hate to be the person at the jail that has to interview them. that would really drive someone crazy.

"Stan, what did I tell you about watching the Osbournes? It's going to make you retarded!" Stan's Mom (south park)
Old July 18, 2008, 10:22 AM   #8
Wang

Even after watching that,you will still have people in this country that wouldn't want him put to death. After he confessed he should have been take out and shot. They shot Old Yeller when he had rabbies and that man should be put down also. I carry everytime I leave my house.
Old July 18, 2008, 10:30 AM   #9
xrocket

Calling these killers worms is an affront to worms.
Old July 18, 2008, 11:01 AM   #10
44capnball

Sickening, what a couple of animals. That blog post should be required reading, also the one about recognizing threats.

Side note, in prison these two slime balls will just fraternize with other scum and form gangs to prey on non violent offenders. That just lets them continue honing their predator skills, which is a reward for them and they enjoy it.

Well at least Texas has the death penalty.
Old July 18, 2008, 11:11 AM   #11
jneilson

Why is there bail at all for these thug scumbags.
Old July 18, 2008, 12:31 PM   #12
jakeswensonmt

Stories like this happen all the time, and the MSM suppresses them if the perps are black. Now if two white men had gone far out of their way to kill two blacks, it would be headline news and in heavy rotation on CNN, MSNBC, etc. There would be major talk of civil rights and white racism, Al Sharpton would be holding a demonstration, you know the drill (think Jena where six blacks beat a white kid unconscious and the MSM still managed to spin it as an injustice against blacks.)

Many of you are probably already familiar with other MSM-suppressed atrocities such as the Wichita horror, and the Knoxville horror.

I hope that the free voices of the internet eventually bring this racist double standard to an end.
Old July 18, 2008, 12:36 PM   #13
ZeSpectre

No seriously, let's set these two down with the gun control folks and let them talk to each other. The anti-types can try to figure out what "common sense controls" will have an effect on folks with no "common sense" or "moral restraint". However, make sure the vid-camera is plastic wrapped for when the heads start exploding.
Old July 18, 2008, 03:44 PM   #14
fiVe

This is too sad.......beyond words

I'll be praying for the victims' families.

The Wichita Massacre was one of the main reasons I decided to get responsible, get trained, get licensed, and start carrying.

There is evil out there, but it can be defeated if enough people would just get some backbone.

Stay safe,

fiVe
Old July 18, 2008, 05:55 PM   #15
BrunoNorway

I also think we sould pray for the victims familys, however i also think we should pray for the offenders. The mentalety from the shooter is a big warnig sign. I dont think he is the only one who have that mentalety. We must as pray for them and their "kind" so they can come to know Jesus, so they can have "somethin to liv fo". I am ofcourse digusted by such storries also but if the victims vife can have hope for them, i must say, i would feel bad if i cant have hope for them and pray for them.

Pray with me.

Lord, we pray that you comfort thees victems familis and that you give
them strenght to forgive and pray for thees to murders. We pray that
you will be there with them in their greif. we pray that you send a
Angel to be in their house and that you watch over them.

We pray that thees two misguided souls will find you. We pray that
thees two will ask the victims families for forgivenes. We ask you
father to forgive them and to protect them in prison and that they
can be servents for you wher ever they are going. We pray for all
thos other misguided souls that are in that same situation where
they have "notting to live for" and that they can fid light in dark places
so they can get to know you Lord. They are your children nomather
how far they stray.

We pray for America. that America will come back to you and see
the light. We pray that you will get the right president in The Withe House
and that HE will be a tool for you to help America come back to you.
ONE NATION UNDE GODAmen

Lord's Prayer

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins as we
forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours
now and for ever.
Amen.

"I hope that whoever did this that they would come to know Christ,"
Jamie Butler (widow of Matthew Butler)

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Old July 18, 2008, 06:51 PM   #16
U.S.SFC_RET

That is the first unrepentant and admitting prisoner I have ever witnissed anywhere to include (video). As blatant as he was.
4. Know the target and what's beyond it.
Old July 18, 2008, 07:09 PM   #17
Bud Helms

This thread has been heavily edited. If your only contribution is a childish chest thumping of what you would do to the perps, then withhold your contribution. One more and it will be closed.

The only reason this thread is still open is because there are some worthwhile comments.
Old July 18, 2008, 09:00 PM   #18
tranks

the interview with the other guy

i don't know if anyone went on to see this one too or not.
this guys at least seems a little bit more sane. he actually looks upset about what happened and wishes that he had prevented it. i don't think hes half as bad as the first guy, but he still went along to rob somebody so...

"Stan, what did I tell you about watching the Osbournes? It's going to make you retarded!" Stan's Mom (south park)
Old July 18, 2008, 09:30 PM   #19
Lavid2002

Quote:
That is the first unrepentant and admitting prisoner I have ever witnissed anywhere to include (video). As blatant as he was.
"look into my eyes and tell me what you see"
I see a cowering man. A man who has used anger and evil to mask his feelings of sorrow inside. A man who was not strong enough to get through life who decided to take the easy way out and take another mans life. So tilt your head down. Look at me through the tops of your eyes, and I will see right through your cover.

Note, he even blows his whole act tough plan when he admits he does regret what hes done. Immediately after this statement he remembers words cannot save him now saying well **** it.
Old July 18, 2008, 09:55 PM   #20
DaveBeal

I often have doubts about the legitimacy of the death penalty, but not in this case. If you just lock up the shooter, his life will be even more meaningless than it was before the murder, and he'll be even less inhibited toward killing than he was the first time.
Old July 18, 2008, 10:16 PM   #21
skydiver3346

These two low lifes........

If there was ever a reason for the death penalty, these two are perfect examples. Why the death penalty some might say? Simple, it forever eliminates the repeat offender. End of story.
Old July 18, 2008, 10:23 PM   #22
BillCA

This video should serve as an example of some of the truely vicious types of predators out there. He makes me want to puke in one second and stand him up against a wall in the next. Cold, callous, very likely a black racist, killer. Zero remorse -- unless it's because he got caught.

Though putting him in a room with the anti-gun groups would require a barrier, half an hour talking with this guy should convince anyone that dialing 911 or spraying a guy like this with spicy seasoning mix ain't gonna cut it.

Last edited by Bud Helms; July 19, 2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: More "What I'd do ..."
Old July 19, 2008, 08:27 AM   #23
skydiver3346

"Ya know what I'm saying".........

OMG! 30+ times during the interview with detective.

This is what our society has to deal with on a daily basis. Some people wonder why we get concealed weapon permits and actually carry weapons on our person. Why? Just for human beings (I use that term loosely here) like these dirt bags, that's why we carry..........
Old July 19, 2008, 08:56 AM   #24
Bud Helms

Okay. In fairness, I've continued editing the "What I'd to to these guys ..." posts, but I can't continue to do it.

With a little thought, this isn't firearms related. It's social commentary.

Off topic.

Closed.
Closed Thread