The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 4, 2009, 04:44 PM   #1
wstein

Tactical Gun Armory

Has anyone heard of this shop or bought anything through them?

http://www.tacticalgunarmory.com/

I don't have a good signature.....
Old February 4, 2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Croz

I ordered a couple of magazines from them. Only found out about 4 days later that they were backordered. I think Amazon has spoiled us all, being able to see right away if something is in stock.

I haven't tried to call yet to cancel the order. If I have problems, I'll post them here.
Old February 5, 2009, 08:38 AM   #3
wstein

That is what I am afraid of, they are backordered on the pistol I want (everyone else is)

I don't have a good signature.....
Old February 19, 2009, 09:45 AM   #4
jacksons

impossible to get refunds

I have to add my name to the list of 'buyer beware'. I bought a handgun Jan 19th, was charged immediately to my CC. I got an email on the 22nd that it was out of stock and would take 3 weeks to get in. I called and canceled since I didn't want to wait. Okay, customer service and everything seemed pretty normal so far. Here I am a month away and no refund on my credit card. I called numerous times and emailed and every time they give the run around.. They just say they will forward a note to billing and see what happens. I finally called my cc, but it was a debit card so it's a bit of a hassle to contest this charge and then it has to be investigated. The money has been pulled from my account and held by TGA earning interest I should be earning. I am shocked that a company with a pretty professional looking web presence can behave like this and not worry about there reputation being slammed on every gun website out there! Just check the BBB link: http://knoxville.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Rep...&firm=90002040
before considering buying from this store.

Last edited by jacksons; February 19, 2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added BBB link
Old February 19, 2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Big Ben

I've had a backordered HK P30 mag forever now; gonna cancel the order as well. It's a bit deceptive to allow a purchase then find out a week later that it's not in stock.
Springfield EMP (40 cal)...if it ever shows up!
Old February 19, 2009, 09:04 PM   #6
model67a

tga

I ordered some ammo from this company and was under the impression they had it in stock. Then I received an email saying it was out of stock and would need to be back ordered. The longer I simmered because they did not tell anyone it was out of stock(like Midwayusa or the Armory) the more I got the feeling I was bing ripped off. I called the BBB in Knoxville Tn today and they said that the company has a BBB grade of "F". If any one wants to check the Knoxville BBB this is their website: www.knoxville.bbb.org. I am going to wait a little longer for this company to honor my order and then do everything I can to see that no one else is taken by them. I believe if we would contact the reputable companies like Midway Usa, Able Ammo, Cheaper than Dirt, The Armory etc. that they would bring pressure on this rogue supplier that we cannot. They do not want a rogue destroying their industries reputation and have the resources and the connections to do more stop this than we do. I am going to cotact everyone I can think of that has the possibility of doing something about this and I would urge everyone who has been taken by this company to do the same. stay safe
Old February 19, 2009, 10:28 PM   #7
mflf2

I have the same experience with this company and I wish I read this thread before I ordered from them. I found out that they had in their website a pistol that had been discontinued by the manufacturer and were selling them at a discounted price. I received an email that they were back ordered but charged my card for it. This item would be back ordered forever and they will be earning interest on my money. Multiply this by hundreds or thousands and it amounts to some money for them without selling anything. From reading the post here I have a feeling that they would not refund me easily even after I canceled the order so I disputed the charge with my credit card company.
Old February 20, 2009, 04:02 AM   #8
model67a

tactical gun armory

What really concerns me is that they have all my credit card information and I suppose with that information they could max out my credit card or others that they have the info on. This company was formerly known as The Blade Shop and is supposed to have been in business since 2001. It sounds like they changed their name in 2005. It's sad that someone has to make their living this way!! stay safe
Old February 20, 2009, 06:57 AM   #9
mflf2

Here is a website for the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) where one can file a complaint: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
Old February 20, 2009, 01:16 PM   #10
Croz

My experience is identical to Jacksons, Model67a and mflf2. Charged me for $34.50, then told me it was backordered. Canceled the order, they told me it was OK and that I'd get a refund.

Still haven't seen the money.

Unfortunately, after I canceled it, I deleted the order email. I check into their system and it shows no order history. So I have NOTHING to go on in contesting, etc.

Over 14 years of buying online and this is the first time I've been taken for anything. Pisses me right the hell off.

You think that a company that sells to people who own guns wouldn't be so quick to screw them over.
Old February 20, 2009, 06:31 PM   #11
NAVET74

OBAMA

Because of the New President everything is back ordered like guns and ammo, because everyone is afraid that very shortly you won't be able to buy any more period.............
Old February 20, 2009, 09:34 PM   #12
model67a

tactical gun armory

Finally got them to answer their phone and had a discussion about how they are treating their customers. They said they would cancel my order and credit my card. Meanwhile like someone said they have been getting the interest. This is a good way of them using your money to get the interest and then just giving the principle back. Multiply that by a few thousand or so and it would come to a tidy sum. My credit card company is crediting my account so if Tactical Gun Armory does not reimburse them they will be in for a hard time and I know as money hungry as the credit card companies are and the resources they have they will make sure that Tactical pays that debt. Live and learn. I learned this time and will restrict my future orders to reputable companies like Midway Usa, The Armory, etc. stay safe
Old February 20, 2009, 10:02 PM   #13
model67a

croz

You stll have it listed on your credit card account as being paid, don't you. I would contact my credit card company again as they do have a record of the transaction being made. Maybe worh a try. stay safe
Old April 8, 2009, 01:36 PM   #14
artOfWar

Professional Scam Artists

I've done some checking up on TGA, and have found the following information:

The company is associated with an organization that operates under assumed names. For TGA, this make-believe entity is called simply "George Loveday" (P.O. Box 99800, Emeryville, CA 94662). This entity has associations with other sites that have similar business practices to TGA (i.e. they charge unsuspecting buyers for items that they do not, and will not, stock, and then seemingly disappear), and have additionally been investigated for selling fake Rolex watches, for establishing a Regions Bank phishing scheme (http://www.regi0ns-mailb0x.com/), and for countless other crimes.

Other assumed identities in connection with this scam machine are Constance McEntire, Marcus Leung, Mike Smith, and Bryan Hilliard, all operating out of the same P.O. Box in Emeryville and listed under the same phone number (510-595-2002). After more investigation, it seems that the root of all of this is somewhere in Australia. That's where your money is going and that's what will make it difficult to get your money back.

I hope this helps.

art of war
Old April 8, 2009, 02:15 PM   #15
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
I am shocked that a company with a pretty professional looking web presence
Made the whole thread worth while.
Sorry, but it did.
Some people suck.
Old April 10, 2009, 08:56 PM   #16
Zagorka

Fradulent Company

This all happened to me too--ordered 2 holsters, they were back ordered so I canceled immediately. 8 weeks later and still no refund after numerous e-mails and phone calls. Hopefully the dispute with the credit card company will give me my money back but it does nothing to ease my frustration of dealing with looters.
Old April 11, 2009, 02:41 AM   #17
artOfWar

Many people were ripped off by these guys. It looks like they're in the process of disappearing as we speak. The TGA site has been down for days and I'd be surprised if it ever returns. By the way, I checked out their supposed location in Knoxville, and found nothing there.

If you shop online, always go with the established guys, even if you have to pay a little (or sometimes a lot) more. The peace of mind is worth the cash.
Old April 13, 2009, 01:50 PM   #18
artOfWar

The TGA site is back up. I guess they felt that they hadn't ripped off enough people yet and returned for another round. Thieves suck.
Old April 18, 2009, 02:16 PM   #19
senior
Member In Memoriam

TGA

I got taken by these also. After many promises of going to credit my c.c. i finally got ahold of them and informed them i was calling the Postal Inspectors and file mail frauds charges. I then also called my cc and within a couple of days got a notice, my cc was credited. Seems they decided not worth jacking me around and get the postal inspectors office on their tails.
Old June 16, 2009, 11:22 AM   #20
wjervis

Happy with my experience

I was looking for a Springfield Armory XDM .40 caliber pistol. Tactical had one much cheaper than anyone else. I initially called them to make sure it was new, got through right away, and was assured it was brand new. I ordered it on a Friday afternoon and got a reply on Monday that the gun was temporarily out of stock. That was when I came across this site and started to be concerned. I was going to call and look for a time commitment but home emergencies kept me busy. My concerns it turns out were groundless. The following Monday I got a call from the local dealer with an FFL who said he had the gun. My total wait was 9 days which I don't think was unreasonable.
Maybe Tactical has no inventory, orders from the factory and then sends it out.
There isn't anything wrong with that unless you are in a big hurry but the positive side is that in my case I probably saved $150 on the purchase considering I didn't have to pay a sales tax and the shipping was free. I for one would readily do business with them again.
Old June 16, 2009, 12:31 PM   #21
DBAR

1 out of 20?

I think I'll go with the other 19....
Old June 18, 2009, 08:03 PM   #22
7jinxed7

They got me too.Purchased 186.80 worth of ammo on 4/30/09.(backordered)I cancelled order on 5/4/09.It took numerous phone calls,e-mails and a whole lot a patience to get my money back..I filed complaints with the BBB which were unresponded to.Finally on the after sended all the proper paperwork to my bank and credit card company I finally got my refund on 6/17/09.If you do not have all the proper paperwork you will not get your money from these people.Just so everyone knows their address shows a vacant lot on google earth.Thay have over 112 complaints with the BBB.They have several more complaints on Rip-Off Report.com ((( Warning Do Not Do Business With These People.)))
Old June 18, 2009, 09:00 PM   #23
sdj

whois

You can used the "Who is" feature on networksolutions.com page to see "Who", or in this case, "what" owns a given domain name.

Domain Name.......... tacticalgunarmory.com
Creation Date........ 2008-07-02
Registration Date.... 2008-07-02
Expiry Date.......... 2010-07-02
Organisation Name.... George Loveday
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
Admin Address........ 94088
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ TECH PrivateRegContact
Tech Address......... PO Box 61359
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94088
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... US
Tech Email........... [email protected]
Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... ns3.volusion.com
Name Server.......... ns4.volusion.com
Old June 23, 2009, 06:36 PM   #24
7jinxed7

They are owned by a larger company by the name of JEL Interprises.Maybe someone can track that name and get some more info.