The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 27, 2009, 03:01 PM   #1
Waterengineer

Choke tubes for Winchester 1300, 20 bore?

Did Mossberg make the Winchester 1300 20 gauge?

I was told the Mossberg 500 and Winchester 1300 are the same gun. Since I am unfamiliar, I am checking here.

Are the choke tubes the same?

A buddy of mine has a 1300, 20 gauge and I am trying to help him track down some more open inexpensive choke tubes so he can try some clay games. Ideas on tracking doen some chokes?

Thanks.
Old March 27, 2009, 09:35 PM   #2
johnbt

It should take the standard Browning Invector choke tubes, along with all Model 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, Ranger and standard Winchokes. Everybody stocks Invectors. DON'T get the Invector-Plus tubes, they're newer and won't fit.

There's an interchange list at www.trulockchokes.com and they call them the Win-Brn-Moss style. Lots of makers use other maker's thread patterns, etc. The guns aren't the same, but the tubes fit.

You can look up Browning Invector on the list or Win 1300 - they take the same style.

John