The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 30, 2010, 08:20 PM   #1
stargazer65

New Holster First Impressions

My new holster arrived today in the mail today. A Cross Breed Supertuck for my XD9. My first impression is wow what a difference a good holster can make. It's easy to draw and holster the gun with one hand. I was able to comfortably hide a full size service model with a tucked in shirt. So I can imagine a subcompact gun must be a real dream with one of these. The instructions say that it should get more comfortable with wear as the leather conforms to body contours. So I am attempting to wear it as much as possible. Right now I'm CCing in my pajamas and my wife says it is pretty well hidden.

My previous holsters were from Galco and Uncle Mike's and I tried IWB, OWB, and Shoulder. These were decent starter holsters to give me an idea of what I'd like. I decided that I wanted to carry IWB and looked for recommendations. A lot of people have bought Cross Breeds and have highly recommended them. It was the number of recommendations that lead me to purchase one.
Old January 30, 2010, 08:37 PM   #2
GERONIMO

That sounds great..I was at the Salem ,Va. show last week and came across a couple of guys panhanling some compact paddle holsters and they had 1 for my 1991 Colt Combat 3" and it is a real nice fit for me too..The more I wear it the better it fits..I got his address and told him I would be buying another one for me Delta Elite..They are a little pricey;but not to much consdering the fit..