The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 8, 2002, 08:19 PM   #1
nsf003

Nutcase woman harassing me, on high alert.

I was with my friend today riding around town in his car. His girlfriend and her mom were calling him about every 5 minutes telling him to go and pick her up. After I warned him not to, he went over anyway. When we got there, his mother was screaming at me(she is mad because I hang out with my friend and he should spend all of his time with her). She told me that she had stuff on me and was going to ruin me and tell my dad about all of the terrible things I had ever done to anyone. She told my friend to put me in the backseat, which he and I refused. We then left. I told my friend to take me home, because I didn't want to put up with that kind of BS. I went in the house and about 30 seconds later, just as soon as I took my shoes off, the girlfriend's nutcasw mother pulls in and comes up to the door. She started screaming at me and asked me where my dad was. I told her he wasn't there and if she didn't leave that I would call the police. She told me that she would be back and she left. I got all scared, readied my 357 and shotgun, and called my parents. I couldn't reach them so I called both of my grandmas. They made it there in record time. My parents arrived about 45 minutes later. I don't want to be ruined or be in a fight. I try to explain to them that there are days with your friend and days with your girlfriend but they don't get it. What should I do?

nsf

Molon Labe!
Lets Roll!
Old August 8, 2002, 08:37 PM   #2
Libertarian

Call the police and file a report. Unless whatever she has on you is seriously illegal, you can pull her fangs by telling it all first. You'll get over the shame faster than getting over her killing someone. After the police report is filed, ask for a TRO so you'll have something legal to fall back on if she has to be dealt with later.

But your first step, after avoiding her, is to talk to the PD.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." JFK

My other favorite forum is The Armed Citizen

My PGP key is 0x780B7C0A
Old August 8, 2002, 08:44 PM   #3
Sisco

Quote:
She told me that she had stuff on me and was going to ruin me and tell my dad about all of the terrible things I had ever done to anyone
Just how terrible are these things? If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?
Best bet is to come clean with your parents about this stuff, better to hear it from you than through the grapevine.You did the right thing by calling your grandparents, sounds like you have family you can depend on. If the nutcase persists, (and if you've given us all the facts that pertain to this case) inform the cops, get a restraining order if necessary. Granted an order won't stop a determined loony but it's possible it will send a strong enough message that she'll back off.
I won't condem you for having weapons at the ready, most people on this board do. But always remember, deadly force or even the suggestion of it is to be reserved for only the most dire of circumstances.
Old August 8, 2002, 09:09 PM   #4
70-101

How old are you?
Old August 8, 2002, 09:41 PM   #5
nsf003

I'm 15 if you check my profile. The things I did do not pertain to the girlfriend or the family at all. I never harmed them at all. I would get yelled at pretty badly and lose privlidges, but it is no worse than that.(I don't think)

nsf

Molon Labe!
Lets Roll!
Old August 8, 2002, 10:03 PM   #6
70-101

Then the biggest mistake you made

Was "Readying" your firearm's, NEVER touch them unless your life is in danger. ESPECIALLY if your just upset or mad. Stay away from this women and her daughter,they are trouble. No good will become of it, choose your friend's more carefully. Some people are not worth knowing,you have seen a perfect example of this my young friend. Learn from this and move on, and stay off that women's property she has some problem's and you don't want to add to them.

Last edited by 70-101; August 8, 2002 at 10:26 PM.
Old August 8, 2002, 10:43 PM   #7
nsf003

I did not point my weapons at her or show them to her, i simply put a round of buck in the chamber of my SG and put the 357 in my pocket and paced around the house worriedly while waiting for my grandmas to show up. I will NEVER ever talk to or acknowloge the presence of the mother or the girlfriend ever again. I will never go on their property or threaten them. I had no major problem with them until today. I didn't think they were such nutcases.

My parents and grandmas are seriously pissed at this woman.

I am also going to have a serious talk with my friend, he is such a weak minded individual.

nsf

Molon Labe!
Lets Roll!
Old August 8, 2002, 10:48 PM   #8
nsf003

Quote:
Was "Readying" your firearm's, NEVER touch them unless your life is in danger. ESPECIALLY if your just upset or mad
I may be 15, but I am not stupid. I never use/display my guns unless my life or the lives of others are in danger. I was more scared than mad.

nsf

Molon Labe!
Lets Roll!
Old August 8, 2002, 10:51 PM   #9
Blackhawk

Don't screw up.

It's really easy to do.

Get another friend. He's telling stories about you.
Old August 8, 2002, 10:57 PM   #10
PATH

Sounds like it. Hey, you are 15 you don't need this kind of grief. Walk away from it. Unless life is in IMMEDIATE DANGER do not use or brandish.

'How MacPherson Held The Floor'
Old August 8, 2002, 11:28 PM   #11
nsf003

Quote:
Get another friend. He's telling stories about you.
Certainly thinking about it. Maybe I have forgiven him one too many times. He has screwed me over before, not badly, but just little BS things that piss me off.

nsf

Molon Labe!
Lets Roll!
Old August 8, 2002, 11:34 PM   #12
MitchSchaft

Quote:
He has screwed me over before, not badly, but just little BS things that piss me off.
If they'll do it over little things, then big things will come later. Do you want to stick around and found out when those big things are coming?
Old August 9, 2002, 12:00 AM   #13
Blackhawk

Quote:
Certainly thinking about it.
Stop thinking about it, and do it!

If you had a malignant tumor sapping your life away, you'd waste no time getting rid of it.

You do have a pernicious false "friend" destroying your life, whether that's his intention or not.

In case you aren't wise to this, listen up. Guys old enough to have cars and driver's licenses don't mess around with younger kids unless there's something they want that the younger kid provides.

Dump that so called "friend" like the cancer and loser he is.

You came REALLY close to screwing up. You were lucky. Now get your act together, and quit being a below average jerk!
Old August 9, 2002, 12:01 AM   #14
croyance

Quote:
Unless whatever she has on you is seriously illegal, you can pull her fangs by telling it all first. You'll get over the shame faster than getting over her killing someone.
I agree with this. Parents are a lot more forgiving than we think. So are friends. Half of the noise they'll make is from worry, and the fact that you have made the same mistakes that they have at some point. It especially helps if you can say or show that you have grown beyond your mistakes.
To put it another way, take it in the chin like a man. Then everybody can move on and focus on the mother of your friend's girlfriend.
Old August 9, 2002, 12:16 AM   #15
C.R.Sam

1. Drop friend...he isn't.
2. Come clean with your parents.
3. Get your own act together.

Sam
Old August 9, 2002, 12:50 AM   #16
ahenry

Plenty of other advice on handling the woman, that I don’t need to repeat. I would strongly encourage you to get things straight with your parents though. There are many, many positives to doing this, and even if all it does is clear things up between you and them at least you will have stronger relationship with them. When all is said and done you’ll be glad you did. Part of being a man is owning up to your mistakes even when you know it's gonna cost you. Besides, chances are they know anyway.
Old August 9, 2002, 05:12 AM   #17
Jato

C.R.Sam is wise. Follow his advice!
Old August 9, 2002, 06:34 AM   #18
pdmoderator
Registration in progress

Screaming does not equal a deadly force threat.

Brandishing will get you hard time.

- pdmoderator
Old August 9, 2002, 06:50 AM   #19
nascarnhlnra

Not to be a dark cloud on a sunny day but where I live you just being able to access those guns would have landed your father in alot of trouble since here it's illegal for guns to be that accesible to minors etc, so it's a good thing you didn't have to use them.
Old August 9, 2002, 08:55 AM   #20
nsf003

I never brandished or pointed or anything. She left, saying that she would be back, and I went and put a round of buckshot in the chamber of my shotgun and placed it on my bed. The drapes were closed, she couldn't see in. I put the 357 in my pocket, out of sight, and paced around the house until my grandmas showed up. I never pointed or brandished. I wouldn't point or brandish unless she was in the house.

nsf

Molon Labe!
Lets Roll!
Old August 9, 2002, 10:34 AM   #21
HankB

Have to echo the repeated comment - GET A NEW FRIEND! THIS ONE IS BAD NEWS! I mean, you yourself wrote
Quote:
He has screwed me over before,
so he's not acting like a friend. If you let him keep "screwing you over" it will be your fault, not his.

To rewrite an old, old, saying: "Screw me over once, shame on you. Screw me over twice, shame on me."
Old August 9, 2002, 10:34 AM   #22
DMK

I don't know about PA, but in my state a minor can legally access a weapon and use it in self defense. It only becomes illegal if it results in a ND.

You guys need to cut the kid a little slack. He did the right thing in his position. He went home, locked himself in, secured a defensive weapon and called for help. Sounds textbook to me.

I know I would make sure a loaded firearm was available if a nutcase was screaming at me from my front porch. I think most of us would.

Couldn't be better advice about avoiding the nutcase/daughter, coming clean with parents and finding better friends though.
Old August 9, 2002, 10:41 AM   #23
Blackhawk

nsf,

You are in denial, and I'm not talking about the river in Egypt.

Where this denial lands you is up S**t Creek without a paddle.

You CANNOT soar with the eagles if you flock with turkeys.

Maybe you're laughing at all of us being so alarmed. If so, you're stupid. None of us have any axe to grind, and we're just giving you the benefit of older and experienced perspectives. Besides, you asked for them by starting the thread....
Old August 9, 2002, 10:45 AM   #24
nsf003

The only thing that I am afraid of is when I tell him that I am going to find a new friend, I know that he will go and dump her and tell her off to try and save our friendship. This will piss her off further.

Nutcase called him a few days before while we were at the county fair about 20 time telling him he had to make a choice. Her or me. Nutcase doesn't want him to have friends. Possessive control freak.

nsf

Molon Labe!
Lets Roll!
Old August 9, 2002, 10:54 AM   #25
4V50 Gary
Staff

Old dog sez:

A friend is a person who will, without qualification or being asked, his last morsel of food, the shirt off his back and even his life. I've very few friends but I've many acquaintences with whom I spend my leisure time. Be sure to make that distinction.

If your "friend" is telling stories about you that is upsetting his girlfriend's mom, she is reacting defensively and your friend is no friend at all. I neither put daggers into the backs of my friends or my good acquaintences. As for mere acquaintences, well, follow the Golden Rule.