The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 6, 2000, 10:58 AM   #1
Orion_VTOL

You can see it at:

http://www.fortunecity.com/business/...1802/index.htm

I'm not sure how good it would be, and would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks!
Old October 6, 2000, 11:45 AM   #2
Gewehr98

A while back, somebody on another forum was trying to generate interest in a design they had for a "2X" trigger. The explanation for the design was that you would get one round fired from the trigger squeeze, and one round fired from the trigger release. He was laughed off the board, and rightfully so, because after taking the first shot, you have no recourse but to release the trigger, and what if you had an unsafe condition or didn't want to take the second shot? You're doinked! I dunno if this new trigger follows this theory or not, but if it does, I sure as heck wouldn't want it in any of my semiautos...
Old October 6, 2000, 01:14 PM   #3
Orion_VTOL

Hmmm! A very good point! With that being said, I can see how it could be something not worth messing with.

Anyone else like to chime in?
Old October 6, 2000, 01:28 PM   #4
scud

Along the lines of this subject has anyone tried one of those set rubber stops you fit behind the triggerso that a full squeeze puts it just barely past the release point reducing the amount of movement required to fire again ? If implemented effectively it sounds like it could drastically increase fire rate.