The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 24, 2001, 08:24 AM   #26
Mike in VA

Blarg and blather (rant)!

As I have long suspected, those twinkies are socially arrested and sexually frustrated. It amazes me that some of those dumb broads managed to breed at all. They are living proof that what we really need are 'sensible' parenthood laws, including mandatory training, background checks, and registration, and no kids without a permit! Their illogic and inability to draw a cogent analogy is incredible, and remeber, in the case of MMM, 'mother' is only half a word.
M2 (after too much coffee)
Old May 24, 2001, 11:59 AM   #27
dZ

Old May 24, 2001, 12:16 PM   #28
scud

With a face like that I can see why.
Old May 24, 2001, 12:46 PM   #29
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Okay guys... I was fine with hello kittie...
But RENO and SEX in the same thought clinched it!
Old May 25, 2001, 10:37 AM   #30
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Noban got a response that just has to be posted:
Quote:

Dear Noban,
I do not recalling starting a dialogue with you regarding this issue, so I
am at a bit of a loss as to why you are writing. However, I respect your
right to express your opinion. (Viva la First Amendment!)

Your email did have some amusing ironies, however I do believe you missed
one . . no child ever died after finding a dildo "hidden" in a dresser
drawer. (unless you consider "dying from embarrassment";-)

Peace and thanks for your time,
- JC -
Is it just me or does the MMM (as well as this whole thread) come as as completely silly?

No matter - they are not the real MMM anyways.
Here is the real MMM: http://mountainbikemilitia.com/index.html
Old May 25, 2001, 11:04 AM   #31
Noban

Okay, let's see where this goes. This is my response; I'll keep you all posted.

Dear JC - You are correct that no dialogue on this issue was initiated by you. I happened to come across an article regarding the topic on the MMM web site and that inspired me to write.

I must apologize if I offended you personally with any of my comments - it was meant to amuse and make a point, but not at your expense. Although the tone was amusing, I was very sincere in my intent to differentiate between the responsibility of owning a firearm and the other implement and toys in your article. I firmly believe that firearm ownership carries with it a great responsibility to ensure that children and others less responsible have either controlled or no access to such. I also firmly believe that it is the sole responsibility of the firearms owner, not the government and certainly not the MMM, to tell me how to best use and secure my firearms.

I understand your fears and misunderstandings regarding firearms; they are foreign to you. However, I firmly believe that you have let your fears and misconceptions cloud your reasoning and have done yourself a disservice. There is a great divide between your side and mine because we cannot communicate about a subject on which you have no apparent firsthand knowledge. If I wanted to learn to cook, I'd pick up a pan, read cook books and learn about the stove. If you wish to have a meaningful dialogue regarding firearms safety, you disadvantage yourself with unfamiliarity of your subject. As a solution and gesture of good faith, it would be my privilege to invite you to my firing range here in Southern California so that you can experience the thrill of firearms operation and witness just how careful, conscientious and down-right friendly firearms enthusiasts can be. What do you say?

Old May 25, 2001, 11:22 AM   #32
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Noban - Best of luck!
However I can already hear her response.