View Single Post
Old August 15, 2002, 12:25 PM   #74
Hemicuda

the first time I was ever pulled over was the night before my 16th birthday...

my father and I were on our way to a trout stream, for opening night (midnight starts the season, and dammit, we start FISHING that night...!)

I had a learners permit, and dad was in the passenger seat...

I made a turn a bit wider than necessary (Dad had a restored '71 Impala hartop that I was driving...)

a city officer that dad knew well was training a new female officer...

I was a dumbass, and when she aimed the spot in the mirrir, I git the rearview, and the remote driver mirror control, and did away with that... (I still do this!)

she approaches and asks for my ID... and seeing a learners permit, asks for dad's...

fresh outta the academy, she says why I was pulled over, then asked the "do you have any weapons in the car?"

dad (with a general CCW) says "yes"

she freaks out and unsnaps the holster and puts her hand on her gun...

Dad tells her not to do that... and grabs his permit from his open wallet, handing it out the window...

she was too freaked to take it... and asked "what weapons do you have"

Dad sttarts... a Dan Wesson .357 on my belt, a Garcia Bronco .410 in the rear footwell, a High standard Double Nine .22 revolver under the seat, a LeFever 16 Ga. in th...

by now, the training officer (family friend) is ROLLING with laughter... and telling her to calm down... that this man was the Prosecutor's ex-husband, and still a good friend, and that I was her son, and that Dad was legal with those guns...

it turns out that it was her first night on parol EVER, and we were her first stop EVER... whatta introduction...

since then she too became a family friend... and now thinks our original meeting was funny...

but she was trained at the academy to ask that question!

Page generated in 0.02349 seconds with 7 queries