View Single Post
Old December 14, 2009, 09:58 PM   #5
rantingredneck

So I get home from a meeting at my daughter's school today and find it on the porch.

Overall I am happy with it, but I was a little annoyed at first that it's a "glue on" sight. It was not advertised as such on their page, and had I known that I'd have had second thoughts about ordering it. But after $68.00 and 3 weeks of wait time I figured I'd make the best of it.

I headed out to my shop and took stock of what I was working with. I removed the existing sight from my LCR and looked at the stud made into the frame and the XS unit. I didn't like the idea of epoxy holding that sight to a lightweight gun with rather sharp recoil. Seemed like a recipe for a missing front sight.

I did some careful measuring and went to work with a 1/16" drill bit. What I ended up with was a front sight that is both epoxied and pinned in place with the original roll pin I removed from my OEM front sight.

Here's what I ended up with.

I wouldn't recommend trying this at home unless you have the tools and patience to take some VERY accurate measurements of where the hole should be drilled.

All in all, it ended up well, but why couldn't XS manage to pre-drill these for a pin-on arrangement to mate up with the Ruger frame stud?

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.03136 seconds with 7 queries