View Single Post
Old January 13, 2010, 07:45 PM   #11
Dr. Strangelove

CED M2 mini-review

Fresh from the range! Unfortunately, I didn't get to test the severe cold weather capabilities of the unit as it was in the high 40's this afternoon.

Unit description: Look a couple of posts up in this thread

The CED M2 worked perfectly. I don't have any experience with any other chronographs, but I couldn't ask for better performance. Just set it up, turn it on, and shoot.

Setup: This was the third time I have set it up, it gets a little quicker each time. Their aren't any instructions on how to set up the sky screens, so it took a while to figure out at first. It took me about ten minutes to get set up and lined up properly with the target and shooting bench.

Use: Turn unit on. Shoot something through it. Look at the screen. It's really that simple. It also has a speaking mode where it tells you the velocity in a kind of freaky computery female voice with sort of a British accent.
Remember to push the "Store" button between shot strings.

Software: Install the software from the included CD or download it off the CED website. When you get home from the range, just start the program, plug in the USB cable and download the data. Easy.

The only thing I wish this unit had that it doesn't is an auto-string mode and a way to change individual shots from one string to another. I always shoot five shot load development groups, so it would be nice to be able to set the unit to switch to a new string after five shots. Since I often forget to switch to a new string, I would like to be able to move shots between strings if necessary. The shot can be deleted, but it would be nice to just be able to move it.

Tips:
Get a quality tripod.
Be sure the unit is off when plugging/unplugging the sensor cables, otherwise it registers as a shot.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 7 queries