View Single Post
Old October 17, 2022, 07:38 PM   #22
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
The S&W329pd has fallen out of favor because a younger generation of hunters believes that 15 rounds of 10mm from a heavier autoloader trumps a lighter package of 6 rounds of 44mag from a revolver.
And, some of us older generation never had the small light .44 Magnum in favor to begin with.

I, for one, never had any inclination to get a light weight .44 Mag, personally, I don't want a .44 Mag lighter than a 6" S&W M29 (other than my Contender, which is in a different category to me.)

The very idea of a short barrel light weight .44 Mag is a "dead end design" to me.

and I'm also the odd one out when it comes to carry guns, I WANT some heft to them. Nothing plastic for me, thanks. I'll put up with the weight of steel, thank you. And not just for the weight helping tame recoil but also for that one in a million (or more rare) instance where every possible thing goes wrong and your handgun becomes an impact weapon.

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 7 queries