View Single Post
Old February 16, 2023, 07:57 PM   #14
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Have you ever hunted birds with the .410?
Not with the Contender 10". Have with actual .410 shotguns. I did find the Contender to be an excellent barn rat wrecker. (actual rats, ones that took down chickens and even turkeys).

And, speaking of which I was never happy with the accuracy of .45 Colt rounds from that barrel. Since I have a fondness for actually hitting what I aim at, I eventually got a .45 Colt barrel for my Contender and it shoots quite well, much better than the .45Colt/.410 barrel I have.

I have heard people say that the .45 Colt shoots fine from their Judge or Governator or what ever, but I've also heard people say otherwise with theirs...

I have some Winchester 3" .410 slugs and the box says 1/4oz slug at 1800fps.

I have no doubt that speed was from a full length (possibly 26"?) tube. Essentially that would be a 110gr slug at 1800fps, which is nothing to sneeze at. Now, what happens when you put that in a 3" revolver? You don't get 1800fps, no way.

And, as I mentioned, the slug load is always the fastest one...

The .410 is an excellent light shotgun for small game, but its use for self defense in a revolver is marketing hype, which a lot of people who don't know any better swallowed, hook, line, and sinker....

Page generated in 0.02213 seconds with 7 queries