View Single Post
Old June 7, 2023, 02:39 PM   #1
old fart

Questions on new Maverick 88's

I am gonna get another Maveriick 88 security 18.5 inch barrel, I have saved enough for even a 590 but I decided on another 88 and more ammo. I went to my local store and saw a few 88's that however leave me with a few question as all 4 were new but different and with a few same flaws. Two had the swivel stud molded in the stock and two had the hole drilled in the stock for a metal stud if a person wanted to put one in. Also the stocks did not sit exactly even on the receiver as the stocks were either farther over to one side or raised up above the receiver. I would have to loosen any of them and straighten that as they were not very good at the stock receiver fit. Everything else including working them was good and smooth. My question is are the 88's made with different stocks?, is the molded swivel stud durable?, and is the bad fit normal at times? My last 88 I bought, the stock came loose after shooting slugs and I retightened it and it has not loosened up since. For those that may ask, they did have a 590 tactical and it was as I could see perfect in fit, finish, and function. thanks

Page generated in 0.03081 seconds with 7 queries