Thread: These old eyes
View Single Post
Old March 3, 2024, 02:18 PM   #7
Mike38

At 64 years old, I have similar vision problems as the OP. After spending countless hours on the internet weighing all the options, I decided to try the cure on my own before a special visit to an eye doctor. I ended up with a very inexpensive fix. Over the top of my regular everyday eye glasses I put on what is called "Clip on flip up" readers with a diopter of +0.75. The web site I bought them from is https://designer-reading-glasses.com/ but at the moment of this writing, the site doesn't seem to work. Might be down temporarily, might be out of business? Ebay and Amazon sell them, but only go as low as +1.0, but that may be correct for some people. I'm sure there are other web sites that sell such a product. If you don't know what "Clip on flip up" readers are, imagine the old school clip on sun glasses that snap onto your prescription glasses, but clear with a +0.75 diopter. They are real handy. Flip them up out of the way for normal tasks like loading mags or scoring targets. Flip them down while shooting. Your diopter add may be more than mine, may be less, but I found through trial and error that +0.75 worked best for me. Best thing about it all, those clip on lenses cost less than $20 shipped and have lasted me about 5 years now.

Page generated in 0.02568 seconds with 8 queries