View Single Post
Old April 5, 2024, 01:25 AM   #15
stagpanther

Ah--looks like you moved fast and bought that rifle from molly dude--congrats if that's the case. 40 to 50 shots a day? That's a lot of big bang to get hammered with repeatedly. I can do about a dozen with the 416 wby mag but don't go beyond that since my ability to maintain good accuracy will fall away after that--just the concussive report alone starts to jangle my skull and what little is in it. LOL
Quote:
The other thing I may have going for me is that I seem to have a slightly longer chamber than saami spec
I had a suspicion that might be the case considering how much longer you seated your bullet.
Quote:
In general it seems like lighter bullets can be loaded with more powder to get the same pressure, all else being equal (which it never is). Hence why I was alright creeping up to 90 grains with 270 grain bullets.
But in this case hornady lists more powder for the 300 gr bullet than the 270 gr one. That's what I find unusual.

Last edited by stagpanther; April 5, 2024 at 01:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.03538 seconds with 8 queries