Thread: Luger clones?
View Single Post
Old April 11, 2024, 06:30 AM   #15
PzGren

While Luger is a registered trade name for Stoeger, DWM was the original German manufacturer. Ludwig Loewe had acquired the Mauser factory and also started FN in Belgium. His brother was on the board of directors at Vickers in England, Vickers also made a few Parabellum pistols. .

After WWII Mauser had one production run of Parabellum pistols called the 29/70, which is based on the Swiss pattern. They also had another run based on the P.08, using a mix of refurbished, old stock, and new parts. East Germany had the P.08 used in the military and later in the police forces and the GST, they made parts and magazines in the old factories and built a few new P.08 pistols.

Krieghoff had a small number of P.08 pattern made for them and sold them under their name.

29/70

Mauser 1942 P.08 VOPO, it has the typical Mauser hump, when Mauser started making their own frames.

I had a few more P.08s over the years and kept the above pistol because it is the most accurate I had seen. VOPO armourers hade installed a new barrel, made in the Czech factory that had produced the P.38 barrel in WWII. The trigger bar is fitted perfectly and I have used this gun successfully in a few service pistol competitions.

Last edited by PzGren; April 11, 2024 at 06:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.02669 seconds with 7 queries