Thread: Luger clones?
View Single Post
Old April 18, 2024, 01:46 AM   #31
44 AMP
Staff

where, and how hard repeaters eject depends on the positions of the extractor and ejector in the breech face and the speed it is moving.

the positions of the extractor and ejector are constants, the speed of the slide or bolt is not. This can be very noticeable in guns with fixed ejectors, usually a bit less so in those with spring loaded ejectors, but it is there, only the degree of difference varies.

My Dad's Colt Govt Model .45, with certain loads would drop empties into your shirt pocket or onto the brim of your hat (which was a good reason to wear one) but other loads kicked out about 1-2 O'clock relative to the shooter.

One of my Sig guns will literally roll rounds out of the ejection port and they fall right at your feet with light loads and heavy loads will kick the empties forward of the shooter an astounding distance.

Semi auto rifles do it to. Different loads eject to different spots.

When I was in basic training we had a guy get killed on the range because of hot brass, Army regs and lack of proper equipment.

Range was the one with "foxholes" for shooting positions. Trainee was left handed, and shot from the left shoulder. The cheap plastic brass deflector made for left hand M16 shooters were "not available". Army regs required the top shirt button to be open. A fired round (VERY HOT) went down his shirt, and he dropped the rifle, which landed in the hole butt down, muzzle up, it fired and the bullet hit him underneath his chin, killing him.

Not sure what the results of the investigation were, but every company in the training battalion had boxes of those brass deflectors available within a couple days. Sad it had to come from that, but you know that's how it works. Short on saftey gear? Never a problem, until someone gets hurt, or killed...

Page generated in 0.03206 seconds with 7 queries