View Single Post
Old April 24, 2024, 12:15 AM   #29
georgehwbush

JohnKSa; i think you have made my point very well; (it's easy to see why it's not possible to let everyone interpret the constitution the way they want to and have that be legally binding. Just as it's not possible for everyone to have their own legally binding interpretation of any law. The whole legal system would be essentially meaningless if everyone got to interpret the law any way they wanted and the courts had to accept everyone's personal interpretations)

"i don't care what the supreme court says, i'm going to forgive those student loans anyway" auto interpretation runs rampant on capital hill. as in many many LEA directors also. hell it happens by judges all over the place that are obviously in discord with what SCOTUS has already said. but it matters not. when you have a society that deals with language as if it has any meaning you dream up and then expect us to act according to some written law from over two centuries ago.... i said i would shut up, so i will. there is a forum rule about political statements too.

Page generated in 0.03399 seconds with 8 queries