View Single Post
Old April 29, 2024, 10:09 PM   #38
bamaranger

on the bench

-hunt #22, 29Apriil
I plan to hunt the little bench I found on my last hunt and head that way this morning, despite a late start. I arrive well after daylight, after 6:00AM, but hear no gobbles on my walk in or during my set up. I carried a real load in today , two hen decoys, folding blind and big stadium chair. The plan is to sit long and comfy on this little bench and wait for a strutter. The hardwood hillside is so open that the blind and chair will let me sit comfortably and undetected all morning, something I could never do if sitting in the open.

At 8:00am or so I hear 3 gobbles, well to the south. Too windy to place exactly, perhaps all the way on the other side of the Co. Rd and well off our lease. I elect to stay with my deke set. I do, all morning, 'till 12:00 noon, snoozing and calling periodically. I get no answers, hear nothing else in the distance.

Upon returning to the ATV, I motor over to the last ridge to the south, refreshing in my mind just how to get in there. The plan will be to start on this most distant SE ridge next time I get to hunt.

Page generated in 0.02535 seconds with 7 queries