View Single Post
Old April 30, 2024, 07:48 AM   #7
stagpanther

I finished the first round of testing yesterday in less than ideal conditions @ 171 yds, I was shooting into a quartering headwind gusting up and down between 15 to 25 mph so I wasn't expecting stellar results, but I had my labradar set up (but unfortunately got blown around missing a few shots) and main mission was to gather data.

Nonetheless, all 3 charge weights grouped at or just under MOA without me doing any holdover/windage adjustments, so that was kinda nice to see.

This is just the first round for this combo of N560 and 134 eldm, but already there were some pretty interesting trends revealed. All 6 charge weights I tested for grouped under MOA except one--which was right at MOA. All of the charge weights showed extreme spreads around 10 fps +/- with the largest being 14fps. All of the charge weight's Standard deviations were under 10 fps with most around 5 fps +/-. I don't see consistency like this very often across a range of powder charges in a cartridge very often--the only other one I can think of off the top of my head is my 338 Lapua Magnum.

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 7 queries