View Single Post
Old May 2, 2001, 09:43 PM   #3
deanf

Here is what I sent them:

Quote:
Greetings:

It has come to my attention that Bank of America has a policy of “not providing merchant services to the gun industry.” This according to corporate spokesman Daniel Schulm of the San Francisco headquarters office. Apparently Bank of America has refused to provide credit card processing services to a gunsmithing company called Arizona Response Systems.

I have been a Bank of America customer for years. I used to work for Bank of America here in Washington State when it was Seafirst. I am a Bank of America stockowner. I want to confirm if this anti-gun policy is in fact true before I take steps to close all my Bank of America accounts and move all my financial business elsewhere.

I would like to bring to your attention something that happened to Citibank last year: Citibank announced a policy of refusing to do business with the gun industry. There was a national boycott, people closed their accounts, the story made the national news, and Citibank eventually reversed their anti-gun policy.

The Internet is a powerful thing. This story about Bank of America has already made the Internet. A national boycott of Bank of America has already been set in motion – not by any particular organization, but by the power of the Internet.

May I suggest that if the rumor of your anti-gun policy is true, that you reverse the policy posthaste in order to prevent further damage to the company?

If I find the rumor about this policy to be true, I will be taking all my banking business elsewhere, and selling my Bank of America stock.

I look forward to your reply.

-Dean Fuller
In cases like this, I don't think it's productive to cite all sorts of patriotic, god-given-rights, RKBA! stuff. I think it removes focus from the real issue. That's why I didn't use any of it in this letter.

Page generated in 0.03851 seconds with 8 queries