View Single Post
Old January 10, 2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

I've had terrific luck with my CED. I can even read air gun pellets with it in my basement without fail using its IR screens. I also got the 4 ft screen spacing adapter so I could fire it against my old Oehler 35P, which has been very reliable. The two track extremely closely.

As to your PACT, temperature likely affected it. Many consumer electronics devices use semiconductor components and electrolytic capacitors only rated down to 0°C (32°F). I would not design such components in any device to be used outside the home, but many do. Wider temperature range devices cost more. Sometimes a lot more, if they also have to be precise.

I have never had the CED out in extreme cold, so I don't know how it would compare to the PACT in that regard?

Your experience with the "instructions" for the PACT unit echo my feeling about the powder dispenser "instructions". I got like two or three photocopies of a somewhat distorted and faded original. I kept hoping they would put something up on line that was more complete. No luck. I don't think technical writing is their forte.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Page generated in 0.02815 seconds with 8 queries