View Single Post
Old February 7, 2002, 10:16 AM   #1
AmericanFreeBird

Open letter to the NRA-ILA

I recently sent a letter to Mr. Baker, head of the NRA-ILA asking why the NRA is not supporting the KeepAndBearArms.com petition to enforce the 2nd amendment. A nice man, Mr. Gary Klint responded to let me know what I already knew that "The NRA is not supporting this effort at this time..." Here is my response to Mr. Klint. Was I too harsh?

Mr. Gary Klint
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division
Institute for Legislative Action
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030-7400

Dear Mr. Klint,

Thank you for your response to my request for information on the NRA’s stance on the petition to enforce the 2nd amendment. You may or may not have actually read my letter because your response was rather vague. I am an NRA member and I am asking for the reasons why the NRA is not supporting this effort! I already knew that we (the NRA) weren’t and didn’t need you to write and confirm that fact.

I reiterate my request: Why is the NRA not supporting the effort to petition the Attorney General John Ashcroft to enforce the 2nd amendment in the state of California?

Mr. Klint, your response was very similar to my liberal left wing, gun banning, so[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]t senator Joseph Lieberman’s when asked to support or not support legislation. A bland statement of his position without explanation. I didn’t expect such rhetoric from the NRA? I am already a grassroots gunrights activist but thank you for the opportunity to assist the NRA with their efforts. Should the NRA show any real signs of supporting our 2nd amendment rights I would certainly lend my time and efforts to such an organization. I do contribute to our PVF and the ILA regularly but I can’t justify much more support until I see that the NRA is fully behind the gunrights movement.

Kind regards,

Page generated in 0.05331 seconds with 8 queries