View Single Post
Old January 20, 2010, 03:03 AM   #8
phil mcwilliam

2 weeks ago I helped a mate sight in his brand new Sako 85 Bavarian in 30-06, topped with a Leupold 3?-10x 50 scope. We used the standard Winchester Super X factory ammo for the initial sighting in.
We both shot prone with the rifle held in one of those cradles that support both fore end & the base of the stock.
We both achieved groups just over 1 inch with the standard Winchester Super X ammunition at 100 yards.
We finished the day firing off a box of Winchester Supreme factory ammunition, & to be honest, neither one of us grouped any tighter with the Supreme ammunition, with the groups still averaging just over 1 inch.
I have in the past trialled cheaper factory ammunition ,such as PMC, & have found these cheaper rounds no where near as accurate as Winchester. Maybe the Winchester Super X standard ammo has just grouped better in the rifles I have owned, but when I'm onto a good thing I see no need to change.
I personally have never been interested in reloading, & in the hunting I do, 1 inch groups at 100 yards is all I need.

Page generated in 0.05709 seconds with 8 queries