View Single Post
Old January 30, 2010, 08:55 PM   #18
James R. Burke

I found my reloads always to outperform the factory. There are a few friends I do reload for. But I use there rifle making sure of the basic's first. Nice clean bore, scope mounted correct etc. Then I get the c.o.l. for the bullet they want, and try to research a few good powders. Then start working it up till I get what is the best it will do. I always use a crony. When I give them there rifle and loads back, I make sure to tell them to keep there bore clean. Seems like every deer season someone will tell me all of a sudden they cant hold a group, and wonder if the barrel is shot out. Most the time when I look down it the lands are about plugged up. When you ask them how often they clean them inside the bore, you hear now and then, or when I first got it twenty years ago, or about five or six years ago. Then there amazed when you tell them the differnce a clean bore will make. I always go out before deer season with the wife, and do some shooting, making sure there on and practice alot. Bring them home clean them up then go back out make a few fouling shots, and leave it till the end of season. Then clean it out real good, and oil it. I been using Butches bore shine seems to work real good, and there are a few good ones out there. I seen a few that could not hold a group that you could move the base mounts with your fingers, on some very nice rifles and scopes. I dont reload for to many people, just a few but make sure I have the rifle when working up the load, and tell them not to use them in anyones rifle except there own. But it is just a few people who I really trust.

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries