View Single Post
Old November 5, 2001, 06:45 PM   #22
NoSweat

SW 586....

Howdy, back at you. I don't get to Springfield very often, mostly just "passin thru" on I44.

I think I could start a store, I've got more junk than I should have. I only wish I had the room that Jeeper has.

Unfotunately, the "benches" were there when I moved in, and are made from interior doors, which means they are not too sturdy. I mounted the loaders to a 3/8 thick plate of aluminum, which is bolted to the bench. If I had to do it over again, I would go for a solid door or countertop with a Formica top(without the round edge), and I would still mount the presses to an aluminum plate. that way you can tap the plate to mount all kinds of presses.

I do like there to be a place for the legs & feet in front of the press. I do most of my loading while sitting on a high stool. I have an old telephone operator's stool, it rotates and has a back.
It saves the feet and back.

When I first started, with just the rockchucker and a set of 38/357 dies, I thought I would never run out of room. Now, after seeing Jeeper's I am thinking of tearing it all out and expanding.
I have to approach this cautiously, as I still owe my wife two rooms to be painted, which I promised to do in exchange for rehabbing the garage, and putting in a 4 post lift for my car,and an air compressor.

Page generated in 0.03230 seconds with 8 queries