View Single Post
Old September 5, 2006, 01:31 AM   #4
Mosin44az

You can Search for Taurus here and get maybe hundreds of pages to look at, to gauge its reputation.

Taurus 1911, I am not aware that it is out in great quantity, certainly it has not been out long so no track record. From the articles it sounds appealing, they put alot of effort into it. I would guess it would match the quality of the Springfield, which is also made in Brazil. I am thinking of getting one as a toy. Kimber's reputation has declined drastically over the past couple of years because of their poor external extractor design.

I do not know the Taurus it is the best choice for competition because it has no track record, especially for durability over thousands of rounds. Since competition is not a life-and-death situation, you may want to give it a try, it certainly sounds like the price will be good.

Taurus as a whole, in my experience, does not match the top brands on overall quality and durability. For a CCW defensive revolver I would go with Smith and Wesson (just leave the gun lock alone, my gunsmith tells me, and it won't cause a problem), or Ruger if weight is not a factor for you.

You can afford a car 10 times the price of a Civic? Why don't you buy several different 1911s then, and see which one you like.....

Page generated in 0.03057 seconds with 8 queries