View Single Post
Old October 22, 2002, 11:23 PM   #13
El Rojo

Yeah I find it interesting that everyone is making a big deal about what a loser this guy is and how he isn't a "real sniper". Well I agree this guy is scum of the earth, but at the same time, he is 10 for 13 on his shooting to kill and he is 13 for 13 on getting away with it. His skills are worth respecting as he knows a little about what he is doing. Yeah, he is a low form of life on this earth when he finally gets caught, but right now, he is pretty much in control of the the situation.

The same thing applies to the 9/11 terrorists. We don't need to investigate them. We don't need to investigate "security lapses". The fact of the matter is the 9/11 terrorists had their heads screwed on straight and effectively took advantage of the current U.S. complacency to executre an extremely successful attack. Fortunately, their ability to carry out further attacks ended just minutes later when the passengers of Flight 93 stormed the cockpit. After Flight 93, the presendence of letting the terrorists control the situation ended. Look at the few examples of passengers getting rowdy or suspicious on aircraft sense. If air marshals don't take care of them, dozens of passengers are beating the crap out of and restraining those persons.

Call these people cowards, call them whatever you want, but you are being foolish if you don't recognize that they are/were proficient at the task they set out to perform and that there isn't too much you could do in hindsight to stop it. This doesn't mean that we should just accept that the Beltway shooter is going to do what he is going to do and there is nothing you can do about it. If I were in the area, I would have my M1A or M1 in the trunk of my car. I doubt I would ever get placed in the situation to use it, but at least I would have the means. Right now I don't think there is anyway to predict what he/she does next or how he/she is going to get caught.

Page generated in 0.03639 seconds with 8 queries