View Single Post
Old December 17, 1998, 10:41 PM   #10
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

I have read that in Louisiana, when they "arrest the money", 50% goes to the state treasury; 25% to the local state judge's office; and 25% to the arresting jurisdiction. You can then plead in the state judge's court for the return of your money. Good #$%@$ luck!

Low profile, low profile, low profile. That's reality, in this land of the free. I shave daily. Clean clothes. Plain-jane vehicle. Drive with traffic, generally two to seven mph above highway speed limits.

It aggravates me that a pro-cop guy like myself has to worry about that one percent (1/2%?)which might be overzealous Gestapo.

More and more states are passing reciprocity laws concerning concealed-carry permits. So far, the reports I've had indicate that when one is stopped for trivial traffic stuff, there is a "You're one of us" sort of reaction from most officers, when they see the CHL. There's a bit of hope.

About the only thing I know for Joe Citizen to do is keep on bitchin' to the elected types, at state & federal level. Unending pressure. Never quit, never!

And donate what you can to various pro-gun groups. Some are better than others, of course, but they add to our chorus.

Best regards to all...Art

Page generated in 0.02329 seconds with 8 queries