View Single Post
Old August 2, 2001, 08:31 AM   #7
Jeff Thomas

Boy ... this sounds just terrible. I'll be interested in hearing how it is finally judged.

If the target of this military assault really didn't fire a shot, I would hope more of the LEO community would be disgusted with this action as well. [And, having said that, I am not saying that the target firing a shot would have made a full scale military assault completely logical.] As a matter of fact, I'll simply say that if more LEO's don't speak out against the overuse of SWAT, then I'd say we're getting into deeper trouble every day.

While no one has the "right" to destroy someone else's private property, this sounds simply absurd. 369 rounds? Fellow officer killed? Target had been burning his wife's property in the front yard? Target never fired a shot? LawDog, I would hope you would have more to say on this one ... you're a straight talker ... let down the blue veil for a moment, and critique this situation. Do you have concerns about such SWAT stories?

Sad that this occurred in Texas.

Regards from AZ
I refuse to live in a state which fails to recognize my family's fundamental right of self defense. I refuse to give that state my labor, my taxes, or any other support for such an uncivilized and barbaric policy. In other words ... Texas, Yes ... California, No.

Page generated in 0.03642 seconds with 8 queries