View Single Post
Old October 30, 2001, 09:06 AM   #5
Wild Romanian

PS I thought you'd said earlier that you'd sold your Glock because it "wouldn't feed

PS I thought you'd said earlier that you'd sold your Glock because it "wouldn't feed ball". Did the range know you were doing this zaniness with their rental

Your memory has failed you I am afraid. I did sell the .45 but I still own two 9mm's. The Glock I used in the test was my friends .45 that he purchases on the same day I purchased mine.

Also my friends .45 does not work either. Same problem it jams with hardball. He is a procrastinator of the highest order and after all these years has still not gotten around to doing anything about it. But it is his weapon not mine.

We also later tested both 9mm's one was a model 17 and the other a model 19. Both also misfired every time and I mean every time. In the 9mm experiment we used umprimed cases but in the first instance we wanted to duplicate everything exactly because we knew that all of you W.R. haters whould try and come up with some excuse to explain why the Glock failed and the 1911 did not.

You are correct, I should have told everyone else not to try this with loaded ammo but try it with primed cases if you want to duplicate this experiment.

The results did not suprise me because John Browning himself found out the same thing almost 100 years ago. It is not well know except by well read people that the first .45 1911 was actually a striker fired weapon. It was found that it was not as reliable as the hammer model and the Military thought a visible hammer would be a safer weapon than a striker fired weapon that would be harder to immediatley detect as to wether it was cocked or not. W.R.

Page generated in 0.03754 seconds with 8 queries