View Single Post
Old January 1, 2002, 04:51 PM   #13
Jeff Thomas

Thairlar, thank you for your support.

This law is necessary because attorneys, insurance agents, risk managers and business executives have clearly come to believe that their safest course is to simply "prohibit" weapons on the premises. However, they know very well that their anemic policies do nothing to truly prevent criminal violence, or eliminate weapons ... however, they do defraud their customers and employees into a false and deadly sense of security.

Trial lawyers are generally a liberal crowd, apparently more inclined to believe the criminal had a bad childhood, than to recognize the fraud of "gun-free zones". There may be many ways to skin this cat, but the proposed bill is an important step in this process. And, it is important to recognize what leftists have known for a long time ... winning political battles is often a multi-front war. Murderous "gun-free zones" and the mayhem they generate can be reduced by legislation, law suits, consumer boycotts and education programs.

This bill is timely, fair, and the right solution to a vexing problem.

Regards from AZ
I refuse to live in a state which fails to recognize my family's fundamental right of self defense. I refuse to give that state my labor, my taxes, or any other support for such an uncivilized and barbaric policy. In other words ... Texas, Yes ... California, No.

Page generated in 0.02715 seconds with 8 queries