View Single Post
Old January 29, 2000, 01:57 PM   #11
Phil

Nice letter. You will never get a response.

I work in the environmetal field and used to belong to the Sierra Club until they got closed minded and self rightous. Anyway, one day I received a survey and request for contribution from Greenpeace. The survey was written in the same manner as HCI's. To wit:

"Would you want a hazardous waste incinerator in your back yard?"

yes
no

I wrote them back a very nice response pointing out that the survey questions were obviously written to support a particular position they wished to promote and offered my services free of charge to help write a survey which might actually be worth something. Of course they never responded, but it did get me off their mailing list.

The people who do this sort of thing are convinced that they are much smarter than anybody else. That's why they can write such trash and think they can manipulate everybody else. Face it, to send something like that out, you have to think the people receiving it are stupid. The arrogance is truly mind boggling.

What's ironic is that it often promotes the exact opposite reaction among thinking people, i.e. you joining the NRA - my quitting the Sierra Club.

Page generated in 0.03520 seconds with 8 queries