View Single Post
Old October 14, 2008, 11:19 AM   #15
nalioth

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguychris
5) If the rifle or shotgun is purchased in a face-to-face transaction at an out-of-state FFL's registered place of business, and the laws of the destination state do not require a transfer through an in-state FFL, the out-of-state FFL can ship it directly to your home address. (Note to future readers: this does not apply to handguns.)
This is incorrect. Legally, one can purchase long guns from any FFL in a contiguous state. If you are not in a contiguous state, the firearm must be sent to an FFL holder in your state for receipt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguychris
The caveat in #5 is "face-to-face transaction". No such thing is possible over the 'Net, so you'll need to do a transfer.
There is no legal definition of "face to face sale". If you make a deal with resident {legally able to own whatever you're dealing} of your own state (where allowed) over the internet, over the phone, in a newspaper ad, etc, you may ship any firearm to them directly (comply with the US Post Office laws, please).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbill
Thot I'd seen black powder muzzle-loader guns offered for direct sale in a couple of catalogs I get ... was I dreaming?
Under federal law (and most state laws), black powder (non cartridge) guns are not considered to be "firearms" for legal purposes.

Page generated in 0.03882 seconds with 8 queries