View Single Post
Old March 13, 2008, 11:50 AM   #9
IdahoG36

I'll tell you my little Pt140 story. I purchased one back in December because I liked the way it felt and thought it would make a nice CC piece.
I took it out for it's first shoot. I loaded up both mags with WWB fmj. The first ten rounds shot fine. Good start I thought. I inserted the second mag, chambered a round, and continued shooting. The first two rounds fired fine. I went to shoot the third round, and nothing happened. Keep in mind that it is a DA/SA striker fired pistol.
The trigger pull went away completely. I tried to retract the slide, but it would only retract about halfway. I managed to eject the live round from the chamber. The gun completely failed after twelve rounds.
I took it back to my local shop where I purchased it and told them what happened. They said they could send it in for repairs, or give me a refund. I took the cash.
I have owned four Taurus handguns, and three were nothing but problems. I no longer own any Taurus handguns and would never buy another one.
If you plan to use it for CCW, I would suggest looking at other options. I wouldn't trust my life to a Taurus handgun.

Page generated in 0.03710 seconds with 8 queries